cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a balance transfer card, what'd ya like?

tag
907grown
Established Contributor

Looking for a balance transfer card, what'd ya like?

im going to need a balance transfer card in December. I already have slate which I will be balance transferring from. When I got slate I did not use it as a balance transfer card..... My mistake... It was almost a year ago when I was getting everything I applied for.

i have about 3500 left to pay, I will need another year from December to finish paying this down.

what are you guys lovin?

Starting Score: 460
Current Score: EQ 764, TU 764, EX 740,
BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a balance transfer card, what'd ya like?

Discover IT?
Citi Simplicity or Diamond
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex Blue Cash Everyday. 3% transfer fee and 3% cash back on groceries.

Message 3 of 10
907grown
Established Contributor

Have discover it, have thought about citi, I hear they giver apply SL. my hope would be to get a SL that is more than 3000 so I am not using my entire CL. I will be cutting the card after I transfer to it to ensure I don't put anything else on it.

BOA AK AIR 30,000, Discover IT 6300, Freedom 25,300, Barclays RMC 15,660, Ring 15,000, BCE 15,000, QS17,000,AARP 15,000, ChaseFU 8,000,AND A LOT MORE!
Message 4 of 10
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@907grown wrote:

Have discover it, have thought about citi, I hear they giver apply SL. my hope would be to get a SL that is more than 3000 so I am not using my entire CL. I will be cutting the card after I transfer to it to ensure I don't put anything else on it.

Good for you being disciplined. I was gonna point out it's possible to find a good BT offer on a card that is still useful thereafter (i.e. not just a "useful for BT" card like Slate that afterwards becomes useless).

However, if you just want it for a BT, my point is kinda irrelevant lol

Message 5 of 10
907grown
Established Contributor

@907grown wrote:

I hear citi is stingy about inquiries too. How many is too many?

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I opened a new Capital one GM card and there was no BT fee. I know not everyone likes that card, but my score and burning citi doesn't let me get the good stuff. I dont remember anyone else offering zero transfer fees but BarclaysRing. I was happy to get the GM card and pay the 3% but my balance on the 1st statement was the BT amount! I dont like that card because its not connected to my other cap1 accounts. I like saving money.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

but my balance on the 1st statement was the BT amount! - Not sure I understand this part. Why is this surprising? Did you make a payment before the statement closed and expected to see a lower amount?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

with a 1200 dollar balance transfer expect in the first statement to be 1235 or whatever. Mine wasn't. Therefore fair credit scores could value this card for that reason. I'd rather pay the fees to get a Quicksilver or discoverit if both were possible.
Message 9 of 10
salek10
Regular Contributor

@907grown wrote:

im going to need a balance transfer card in December. I already have slate which I will be balance transferring from. When I got slate I did not use it as a balance transfer card..... My mistake... It was almost a year ago when I was getting everything I applied for.

i have about 3500 left to pay, I will need another year from December to finish paying this down.

what are you guys lovin?

Bank of America Better Balance Rewards. Standard 3% transaction fee, 12 months 0%APR, $25 Reward each quarter if paid more than min payment every month ($30 if you have a deposit account with them) this helps you pay your balance faster ... I PC'd my old bankamericard and then went to a branch and I had a representative help me with a BT and he was able to get me 18 months 0%APR. 

*edit: rewards 

My Wallet: BofACashRewards $12,500 || Amex EveryDay $12,000 || CSP $6,000 || Fidelity Amex $5,000 || Citi Double Cash $4,400 || Chase Freedom $4,000 || Chase Slate $3,000 || Discover it $3,000 || BofABetterBalance $2,900 || AmexCosto: $2,200 || ExpressStore Card 1,400

FICO Transunion: 730
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.