cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a credit card with high initial limit!!!

tag
jamie123
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for a credit card with high initial limit!!!

@turnerte wrote:
What promo?

The Blue Cash Preferred has $150 cash back after you spend $1000 in the first three months. It has an AF of $75. The grocery store rewards are 6% cash back.

The Blue Cash Everyday has $100 cash back after you spend $1000 in the first three months. It has an AF of $0. The grocery store rewards are 3% cash back.

If you don't buy a lot of groceries the BCE is the card for you, if you buy a lot of groceries the BCP is the card for you.

You should add two cards this year and two cards next year to build a wide and deep base for your credit future. You are still young and having 6 to 8 credit cards will keep your AAoA high when you apply for needed credit throughout your life.

You said you already had the Discover card so I would suggest a Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards card as an alternative. It is another card with a good rewards program.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 31 of 36
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If you are trying to maintain your acct age and increase util, IMO the easiest way would allow your current cc's to hp for CLI's.
Message 32 of 36
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Get American Express!!
I have BCE and Delta Gold.
Got $3500 initially then after 8 months, it went to $24,500 on BCE
Right after the second cli, I opened a Delta Gold with a $5500 cl! All approvals were instant.
American Express is definitely the way to go
And the fact that you have that installment debt obligation outta the way, the would likely approve you for more imo.
People get upset when lenders include installment loans debts for credit card considerations. This is why I refuse to have another car loan. I may only have a 2004 Mustang, but I paid cash and have no liability w regards to a stupid car loan. Lol I only one had a car loan two years ago, paid it off and never looked back. it SUCKED Having to pay full coverage and limiting your financial flexibility... Ugh.
I'm 24 too btw! Ficos were around 690-710 when I got approved and got the clis.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 33 of 36
turnerte
Established Member

I applied for the BCE last night and was instantly approved with a $7000 limit. Not too bad id say. Now I just have to wait for the card!

Message 34 of 36
jamie123
Valued Contributor

@turnerte wrote:

I applied for the BCE last night and was instantly approved with a $7000 limit. Not too bad id say. Now I just have to wait for the card!

Congratulations! Way to go! Awesome CL!

American Express is fast in getting the cards out. You might have it by tomorrow, Friday at the latest. After 61 days call for a 3x CLI and I bet you get it.

Now...

Go for the Bank of America 1-2-3 Rewards credit card. You need to build your credit foundation for the future. You want it wide and deep so that other credit applications won't knock your scores down later.

You can do it!

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 35 of 36
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

There are better Cash Back cards available than a BOA 1-2-3.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 36 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.