Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a high limit card with 0% initial apr

tag
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Looking for a high limit card with 0% initial apr

Yw :-)
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 11 of 18
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

Most of Chase's cards (Freedom, Slate) have 0% offers for extended periods of time. And the Slate even has a BT special right now.

Also, Citi's cards generally have 0% offers, just do a quick search on their site. They have me my highest limit and I have scores similar to yours (but a vastly different credit profile).

Finally, Discover is offering 14 months at 0% on the IT card.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 12 of 18
_jb_
Frequent Contributor

I'd try the Discover It with 0% financing deal. I have much lower scores (see below) and my income isn't quite as high as yours, and they gave me $9500.

Starting Scores: myFICO EQ: 678, myFICO TU: 676, myFICO EX: 678 (01/2013)
Latest Scores: myFICO EQ: 789, myFICO TU: 782, myFICO EX: 788
My Wallet: American Express BCE, NFCU cashRewards, Capital One Quicksilver, Discover It, Chase Freedom, Chase Amazon Rewards
Gardening since 02/07/17
Message 13 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Sounds like you guys shouldn't have a problem getting approved for anything here are a couple suggestions.

Chase Slate

Any Citi card, most have 0% offers

Discover More and IT both have 0% offers

Now here's an idea, Apply for the Chase Slate for the 0%.  You will be able to move as much credit as you want over to it from your Sapphire card incase you don't get approved for a high enough limit.  Use the 0% for how long you need it and once you're done with the card move the credit line back over including the additional credit line you were approved for.  BOOM you got a huge 0% loan and a CLI on your CSP.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 14 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

That's a great idea ryanbush! I didnt think of that!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 15 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
My wife and I want to get our first joint CC together to use towards furnishing and updating our new home. Ideally the card will have a CL of over $15k... Any suggestions as where to apply?

Our FICO's -- 780 and 766
Joint income -- $160k
Current revolving debt utilization - 3%
My highest limit card -- $27k Chase Sapphire Preferred
Hers -- $13k Discover More

Also joint credit is a BAD idea in most cases, ovbiously you know how to manage your credit so I won't lecture you on that.  Just do a little research if you haven't already and make sure that's really what you want to do.  If you have done your research then excuse my post, I didn't mean to insult anyones intelligence.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 16 of 18
BornSupercharged
New Contributor

I just recently did the USAA Rewards AMEX, BT @ 0% for 18mo with 3% (max $200) transfer fee ; and the NFCU Signature cashRewards VISA, BT @ 0% for 12mo with 0% transfer fee. 

All my debt is now on 0% cards Smiley Happy Feels so great to be able to pay principal down.

Message 17 of 18
chnceit
Valued Contributor

CITI is a good choice, but they are a hit or miss company.

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.