cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new card w/ decent limit (maybe some cashback rewards)

tag
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for a new card w/ decent limit (maybe some cashback rewards)

@distantarray wrote:

@courtney091082 wrote:

Hello all,

I just wrapped up my mortgage purchase this last week and now I'm thinking about apping for a couple new cc's in the next few weeks.

My DH was approved for a $7k Lowes card on Friday and other than that he just has a small $750 Cap One card, and a CU card for $1k

I have a $500 BOA card a $900 Amazon card and the same CU card for $1k

My Credit is perfect other than my mortgage pulls and a pull for our home owners ins too...all mid to high 700s last I checked

Any suggestions? TY!!

Go for US BANK Cash + first   mainly because you just got a house and there's a 5% option for home improvement and 5% for billpay (flexible choose your rewards card)  they're sensitive to inquiries so do this first.

American Express BCE or BCP because the groceries / gas / department stores

Chase Trifecta = checking $300 bonus + freedom $100 bonus  + sapphire $500 bonus(Travel)     10 points bonus for every transaction with checking + freedom. Then 5 points on freedom rotating catagories per dollar + transfering the points to sapphire = 20% more on  Sapphire for travel.

So if you did  a $1 purchase = 11 points with checking and freedom + 20% travel bonus trasferred to sapphire = 13.2 points for a $1 purchase =x   lol of course it doesn't always work out so good, but hey some customers do 100 swipes amonth, that's $120 a annually x $144 for travel.

Ok I did my app spree this morning Smiley Happy

AMEX BCE Approved

Chase Freedom Approved

US BANK Cash + Approved

and I asked for a CLI w/ BOA which just said they will process it ...

So far pretty successful I'd say. Now just have to find out how much my limits are then onto gardening for at least a year

9/1/2012 ...DRUMROLL .... EQ .. 776!!

I'm FINALLY a homeowner .. 10/24/12!!!!

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does your credit union apr for purchases and cash withdrawals compare with the newly acquired cards?

Message 12 of 18
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

CONGRATS!!!

and please verify USBANK giving you the Cash+, it's $5k CL minimum.

Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 13 of 18
distantarray
Established Contributor

@courtney091082 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@courtney091082 wrote:

Hello all,

I just wrapped up my mortgage purchase this last week and now I'm thinking about apping for a couple new cc's in the next few weeks.

My DH was approved for a $7k Lowes card on Friday and other than that he just has a small $750 Cap One card, and a CU card for $1k

My Credit is perfect other than my mortgage pulls and a pull for our home owners ins too...all mid to high 700s last I checked

Any suggestions? TY!!

Go for US BANK Cash + first   mainly because you just got a house and there's a 5% option for home improvement and 5% for billpay (flexible choose your rewards card)  they're sensitive to inquiries so do this first.

Chase Trifecta = checking $300 bonus + freedom $100 bonus  + sapphire $500 bonus(Travel)     10 points bonus for every transaction with checking + freedom. Then 5 points on freedom rotating catagories per dollar + transfering the points to sapphire = 20% more on  Sapphire for travel.

So if you did  a $1 purchase = 11 points with checking and freedom + 20% travel bonus trasferred to sapphire = 13.2 points for a $1 purchase =x   lol of course it doesn't always work out so good, but hey some customers do 100 swipes amonth, that's $120 a annually x $144 for travel.

AMEX BCE Approved

Chase Freedom Approved

US BANK Cash + Approved

So far pretty successful I'd say. Now just have to find out how much my limits are then onto gardening for at least a year

Congrats! Now maximize your Freedom by getting a Chase Checking =)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-Chase-Bank-Checking-Bonus-Coupon-NO-DIRECT-DEPOSIT-Exp-11-30-12-/2211468...

ebay link to opening a Chase checking account once you got the code (they send in email) and they'll deposit you $200 in about 10 days =)

Whenever you get around to it, no hurries try to get the Chase sapphire preferred so you can transfer your Freedom points to Sapphire to redeem 20% more for travel.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 14 of 18
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

@CruzImperial wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

and please verify USBANK giving you the Cash+, it's $5k CL minimum.

Oh wow well they didn't give me any idea what I would get, they just said to watch for it in the mail in 7-10 days!! Smiley Happy 

My Cards ~~~GARDENING~~~ BNSF CU ($1000) BOA ($2500) Amazon / GE ($900) AMEX BCE ($2500) Chase Freedom ($3000) US Bank Cash + (7500)
Message 15 of 18
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

@courtney091082 wrote:

@distantarray wrote:

@courtney091082 wrote:

Hello all,

Any suggestions? TY!!

AMEX BCE Approved

Chase Freedom Approved

US BANK Cash + Approved

Congrats! Now maximize your Freedom by getting a Chase Checking =)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200-Chase-Bank-Checking-Bonus-Coupon-NO-DIRECT-DEPOSIT-Exp-11-30-12-/2211468...

ebay link to opening a Chase checking account once you got the code (they send in email) and they'll deposit you $200 in about 10 days =)

Whenever you get around to it, no hurries try to get the Chase sapphire preferred so you can transfer your Freedom points to Sapphire to redeem 20% more for travel.

WOOHOO!!! Thanks for the link I will have to do that Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 18
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

How does your credit union apr for purchases and cash withdrawals compare with the newly acquired cards?

My credit union card is only $1k, cash withdraw is up to $500, but I've never done a cash withdraw so honestly not so sure about the terms. And APR is around 14%.

Message 17 of 18
courtney091082
Regular Contributor

Ok my first new card came in today...

Chase Freedom $3,000 CL and $1500 Cash advance limit (which I don't think I'll do the cash part anyways)

0% APR for first 15 billing cycles after that it's 22.9% but I'm a pay it off in full kinda gal so not worried about that.

I can't wait to get my Amex BCE and my US Bank Cash + card...hopefully sometime this next week those will come in.

And BTW with BOA I had the $500 card and asked for a CLI to $2500 got it no problem Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.