Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a new card

0 derogatory on my file atm. About 15 inquiry onot each. Looking for another big lender card to replace some store cards. I got discover it seems, cap1 qs, BOA and DCU (my bank).

As far as rewards go I don't fly so cash back or anything related to that is my best option.

7% utilization atm

720_750 is my scores across the board

Thank
Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a new card

Citi Double Cash

Blispay

Marvel (depending on your spend)

I want to say Chase too, but how many cards have you opened in the last 2 years?

Also, have you checked Capital One's pre-qualifier to see if you're pre-approved for a regular Quicksilver yet?

Message 2 of 15
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Personally, I wouldn't waste the triple pull on a QS. You already have 1.5% back with your QS1. Yes, the annual fee sucks, but if they won't waive it or PC it, I'd just close it and get something better rather than opening the same product again for 3 pulls, considering you can get a Cashforward, Double Cash, Fidelity Visa, etc for less pulls and you won't be dealing with Capital One again (who usually makes growth and PC/changes a pain).

Assuming you don't want a new general spend card, what are you really looking for? Your QS covers basic spend, and your Discover does categories. Do you want richer dining rewards? Groceries? Where does your spend fall? I'd start there, rather than just asking for a list of general "good card" suggestions. Figure out your spend in given categories and run the numbers with the earn rate. You may discover a new account isn't going to be of much benefit or isn't warranted.

Message 3 of 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

First National Bank of Omaha Complete Rewards. Call every 4 months and ask if a CLI is available, via a SP. Free Experian 08 Bankcard score.

Or maybe apply for the FNBO Savingstar.com card instead. Good cash back shopping portal.

Citi Double Cash. Once the card arrives request a large CLI ($25k) online. it will be another HP, but its possible to get a large CLI from Citi right away. Free Equifax FICO 08 Bankcard score.

Marvel.com card. Call after getting the card and ask for $25k, you might just get it.

Join NASA FCU, wait until accepted and then apply for a credit card. If this interests you, apply for membership first before applying for any other banks cards.

And read this thread, of course:  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 4 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kdm31091 wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't waste the triple pull on a QS. You already have 1.5% back with your QS1. Yes, the annual fee sucks, but if they won't waive it or PC it, I'd just close it and get something better rather than opening the same product again for 3 pulls, considering you can get a Cashforward, Double Cash, Fidelity Visa, etc for less pulls and you won't be dealing with Capital One again (who usually makes growth and PC/changes a pain).

Assuming you don't want a new general spend card, what are you really looking for? Your QS covers basic spend, and your Discover does categories. Do you want richer dining rewards? Groceries? Where does your spend fall? I'd start there, rather than just asking for a list of general "good card" suggestions. Figure out your spend in given categories and run the numbers with the earn rate. You may discover a new account isn't going to be of much benefit or isn't warranted.

I always forget about this one.

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas and groceries would be good. My problem is my AAOA is 1 yrs and 3 months
Message 6 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Gas and groceries would be good. My problem is my AAOA is 1 yrs and 3 months

In that case, an Amex BCE or BCP might be a good fit. There is always BOA's 3-2-1 Cash Rewards card too.

Message 7 of 15
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

Why not just PC the QS1 to regular QS and let some of the INQs age off?  That said, what do you spend the most on typically?

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 8 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gas, groceries and shopping.

Is my AAOA to lowm
Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Gas, groceries and shopping.

Is my AAOA to lowm

I think your AAoA is fine. Heck, I got approved for most of the cards in my signature when my AAoA was only 6-8 months Smiley LOL

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.