Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a new cash back card

tag
CraigHwk
Regular Contributor

Re: Looking for a new cash back card

Fidelity Amex is another option for 2% back on everything.  A few more hoops to jump though than the Citi Doublecash, however.

USAA MC ✪ Amex BCP, SPG, Platinum ✪ Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom, Freedom Unlimited, Marriott Rewards, United Explorer ✪ Discover IT ✪ CapOne QS ✪ Fidelity Visa ✪ BarclaysPlatinum Rewards ✪ Citi Double Cash

Starting EX FICO (2010): 513 | Current FICO: EX 759, EQ: 773, TU: 761
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wish the quicksilver offered direct deposit for cash back, that would be great! 

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why? What is the diff between that and statement credit?
Message 13 of 20
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I think I will look at doing a product change first on my Citi card.  Hopefully they don't require a hard pull for those.  The Cash+ looks interesting, though having to choose between gas and groceries for the 2% bonus is a little meh. 

Message 14 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

Thanks for all the help everyone.  I think I will look at doing a product change first on my Citi card.  Hopefully they don't require a hard pull for those.  The Cash+ looks interesting, though having to choose between gas and groceries for the 2% bonus is a little meh. 

Sallie-BCP3.png

non-category BBR-2.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 15 of 20
Noctilum
Frequent Contributor

Well, I converted over to Double Cash and the CSR was nice enough to give me all the intro benefits and a CLI from $3000 to $7000. 

Message 16 of 20
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

Well, I converted over to Double Cash and the CSR was nice enough to give me all the intro benefits and a CLI from $3000 to $7000. 

OH, very nicely done.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 17 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Corvidae wrote:

I have a Chase Freedom, which has served me well, but I am looking to really cut my spending on the categories it works with and some of the categories do not make financial sense to me.  For example, I can't get 5% cashback at Walmart, but I can at a Kroger store.  But why pay more for the product at Kroger when I can get it more than 5% cheaper at Walmart + 1% cashback?

So I guess my options are:

1. Capital One Quick Silver -  1.5% cashback on any purchase

2. Citi Double Cash - 1% on purchases, 1% when you pay

3. BankAmericard - 1% on all purchases, 2% on groceries, 3% on gas

Some questions:

1. Does BankAmericard have restrictions on where you can get groceries?

2. I have a useless Citi Diamond Preferred socked away.  Would I be able to product change to a Citi Double Cash or have to apply?
3. Do any of these cards require you apply your reward dollars to your statement balance or can you get a check/direct deposit of the money after hording them for a while?

I have never had a problem with BOA cash rewards/ merch. coding for grocery stores but it's like chase freedom no wal-mart, target.. big box stores 3% discount, just 1% discount. 

Screen Shot 2015-03-30 at 7.57.35 PM.png

I do not have a citi double cash but capitalone qs you can get your cash back whenever you want and they offer giftcards and statement credits, or you can transfer the money onto different capitalone cards. BOA makes you wait till you have 25 dollars and you can get your statement credit or money deposited into your boa account and 10percent cash back bonus. 

Message 18 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

With your scores Id probably apply for all three. lol. 

Message 19 of 20
RaiseMyScoreASAP
Regular Contributor

If you are a senior citizen and have a Kroger rewards card, here in VA you get 5% off on Tuesdays. Add that to the weekly specials and other coupons, shopping at Kroger can be cheaper. If you have the AMEX Blue Cash Preferred you can get 6% cash back too. In addition, Kroger here partners with Shell to provide a discount on gas based on your Kroger spending. Combine that with the Shell Rewards card and a card that offers cash back on gas. Well you get the picture. 

In general I do like like shopping at Walmart. I just don't like the company or its practices. 

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.