Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a specific type of credit card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a specific type of credit card

I currently have a credit card with rotating calendar cashback reward, and I'm looking for another credit card I can use for the rest of my purchases.
The card must have at least a flat-rate cash-back reward and no annual fee.

For example, after looking around, the highest flat-rate cash-back credit card I could find is Citi Double Cash Card with 2% cash-back on every purchase (+1% on purchase, +1% when paid)

If you can provide me positive/negative comments on this card, or other cards I can consider I would greatly appreciate it.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for a specific type of credit card

You would need to provide us information such as your scores, your current tradelines, your current utlization, any collections, etc.

Message 2 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Why don't you search the board top right of the page there is all kinds of information for any card your interested in.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Fidelity Amex
Message 4 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

You would need to provide us information such as your scores, your current tradelines, your current utlization, any collections, etc.

This is sort of a knee-jerk reaction.   There are very few cards in this space (2% +) and there is very little experience with double cash.    So assuming you had all that info, what would that change?

Message 5 of 10
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Fidelity Amex

Nasa (2% over a very small threshold)

JCB (up to 3% but need to live in certain states)

and TMWC probably has more.

And if you are willing to be creative, Amex Blue Cash to buy debit cards.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

seems that you have your mind set on double cash, well if that one fails, there's always capital one quicksilver for 1.5% cash back on every purchase with no annual fee

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

And no limit on cashback.
Message 8 of 10
joltdude
Senior Contributor

fidelity amex and double cash but they aren't completely straightforward in cashing out, Nasa has one, and as someone said, crap one has a 1.5 flat cash back.. jcb is another option bur region locked for apps like us bank
Message 9 of 10
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Fidelity Amex

Nasa (2% over a very small threshold)

JCB (up to 3% but need to live in certain states)

and TMWC probably has more.

And if you are willing to be creative, Amex Blue Cash to buy debit cards.

I see Tobyhanna is giving 3% cash back this quarter only. https://www.tobyhannafcu.org/email/better-to-give.html?utm_source=toby&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=better-to-give-trbl

Then there are the people who have obtained 3 or 4 of the Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, plus extra cash back for also having a qualifying BOA account.

non-category BBR.png

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.