Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for a suggestion

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for a suggestion

Hi Myfico 

I am looking for a cash back credit card with a sign up bonus. I would rather not risk applying for a chase card due to the 5/24 rule (which I heard is now applicable to all chase cards).

I already have boa 123 and freedom. I don't want 3 hard pulls so want to stay away from cap one. What are my options ?

Thanks. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: Looking for a suggestion

hi there, give us some more details. like 1.5% cash back? or rotating categories cash back? fico scores? 

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Any amount of cash back is fine as long as there is a sign up bonus. My TU fico is 780.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Myfico 

I am looking for a cash back credit card with a sign up bonus. I would rather not risk applying for a chase card due to the 5/24 rule (which I heard is now applicable to all chase cards).

I already have boa 123 and freedom. I don't want 3 hard pulls so want to stay away from cap one. What are my options ?

Thanks. 

You could do Discover.  If you sign up with a referral code you'll get $50 back on your first purchase, which will double after the first year along with the cash back for any other spending (everyday, categories or Discover Deals).  So it's essentially a $100 sign up bonus, plus 2%-10% back (or more with Discover Deals) for the first year.

Message 4 of 7
RonM21
Valued Contributor

I like that suggestion of Discover. Good card to have and lender, even beyond the cashback bonus and all, imho

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 5 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi Myfico 

Thanks. 

Barclay Cashforward $100

Bank of America Better Balance Rewards, $25 every 3 months

Alliant Credit Union Visa Platinum rewards. 10,000 points ($100) after $500 spend

Premier America Credit Union, Premier Priviledges Rewards. 10,000 points after $500 spend. 

American Express Blue Cash Everyday. $100 after $1000 spend.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the opinion.

I want to hold off the discover until next year so I can maximize the double cash back at the end of the year by putting most expenses through it. Now, let's say I apply for discover now will i be able to get the double your cash back offer again next year if I apply for another discover?
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.