cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for advice - how many cc's and which?

tag
suliabryon
Established Member

Re: Looking for advice - how many cc's and which?

jamie - I definitely plan to wait before applying for the Amex card. I was leaning toward the Barclay card, largely because we don't do a lot of Walmart shopping...it's kind of out of way and inconvenient for us, so we don't go there much. I understand both the Barclay card and the Walmart card offer free credit reports, though right? Maybe I'll apply for one, and the DH the other. 

IDK, do you think the Walmart card is still the better choice, given our shopping habits?

Starting Scores (4/1/2014): Mine 654 Ex/639 Eq/ 641 TU DH 650 Eq
Current (4/25/2014): Mine 654 Ex/734 Eq/641 TU
Gardening until April 30th, 2015.
Message 11 of 14
Shelly313
New Contributor

@suliabryon wrote:

jamie - I definitely plan to wait before applying for the Amex card. I was leaning toward the Barclay card, largely because we don't do a lot of Walmart shopping...it's kind of out of way and inconvenient for us, so we don't go there much. I understand both the Barclay card and the Walmart card offer free credit reports, though right? Maybe I'll apply for one, and the DH the other. 

IDK, do you think the Walmart card is still the better choice, given our shopping habits?

I would get the NFL barclay card.  They give you a free TU fico score.  if you don't use the walmart card often it won't show a consistency payment.

Started Gardening 4/3/2014

Current Score: (04/2014) EX: 629 I TU: 650 I EQ: 654

In my Wallet:
Barclays NFL: $2000 I VS: $700 I Discover: $1600 I AU: Amex ED $2000
Message 12 of 14
suliabryon
Established Member

I am so excited! I just received a response to my GW request to remove those two collections, and they are sending request for deletion to the Credit Bureaus! So not only will that much lower utilization report this month, but hopefully those two collections will also come off. This leaves the only "baddie" that BoA CO. That one, I suspect, is going to  be a bear.

ETA: Holy crud, I just got a notification of a score change on MyFico SW: from 639 to 706!! Statements haven't cut yet for Chase, so this can only mean they received the deletion notice, right?? That is a huge jump. How does Score Watch work, exactly for getting a new report to look at? It charges me each time right, but I can order as many as I want without "hurting" my credit score?

Starting Scores (4/1/2014): Mine 654 Ex/639 Eq/ 641 TU DH 650 Eq
Current (4/25/2014): Mine 654 Ex/734 Eq/641 TU
Gardening until April 30th, 2015.
Message 13 of 14
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@suliabryon wrote:

I am so excited! I just received a response to my GW request to remove those two collections, and they are sending request for deletion to the Credit Bureaus! So not only will that much lower utilization report this month, but hopefully those two collections will also come off. This leaves the only "baddie" that BoA CO. That one, I suspect, is going to  be a bear.

ETA: Holy crud, I just got a notification of a score change on MyFico SW: from 639 to 706!! Statements haven't cut yet for Chase, so this can only mean they received the deletion notice, right?? That is a huge jump. How does Score Watch work, exactly for getting a new report to look at? It charges me each time right, but I can order as many as I want without "hurting" my credit score?

Congrats on the success of your GW letter!

If you look on SW, you should see a spot where it tells you what changed to see the score change (for both up and down score changes). Look around and you should see if it was something removed or a payment report for your util %

Congrats!!!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.