cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an entertainment card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for an entertainment card...

@Anonymous wrote:
With straight two percent cards I haven't seen anything other than citi...and citi and I have mutually blacklisted each other

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Is-Blispay-too-good-to-be-true/td-p/4641257

Message 11 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Paying down my vacation and emergency dental work is on my list to do, hence the two- three months to get my utilization down to under ten percent. Gardening for the next 6 months is also on the list like stated. Figured if I am going to wait six months I should start to do research before apping for anything. Don't really want a collection of cards to just have them if they don't serve me a purpose. Thank you.
Message 12 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
With straight two percent cards I haven't seen anything other than citi...and citi and I have mutually blacklisted each other

https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/visa-signature-card

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 13 of 25
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Marvel is a pretty good choice. Or the JCB Marukai card if you are in their area.

Eventually you will be able to convert that US Bank card to a Cash+, since they are now giving everyone the Cash+ regardless of starting limit. Once you achieve hat, you could make it a 5% fast food, 2% restaurant card. remember to ask for a $1500 cli every 6 months.

Check out his thread, especially the non-category spend chart, and the Restaurants chart  http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Cash-Back-credit-card-charts/td-p/4004725

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 14 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks themanehocan, I have tried to PC my US Bank card to the US Bank Cash Plus Visa Platium, but not available yet for me and still have 3 months to go for a CLI
Message 15 of 25
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be in the garden for the next 6 months or so. But in the mean time I am starting to research a potential card that fits my spending habits. Looking for a CC to maximize restaurants, bars and fast food to earn more rewards. Any suggestions other than Citi- burned them horribly a couple years back and the blacklist is mutual... At 25 percent utilization for another three months then down to blow ten percent. EX 652, TU 640 and Eq 672- currently baddies two charge offs from 2013 and a 90 day late from 2013. Current line up:
Amex BCE 1000:grocery and as for 3 and 2 percent
Chase freedom 2500:for 5 percent categories
Barclay Rewards 3500: for utilities 2 percent cash back
Bofa BBR 2000- large purchases for the 120 in statement credits
Cap one QS 3500: daily for now at 1.5 percent if not using a category card
US Bank Cash Rewards- well, for nothing since its one percent and my lowest credit line 800

Marvel is definitely a good choice for 3% dining.   It's also good for movies and show tickets at 3%, so I think it's great for entertainment!   Cash+ is great if you do fast food a lot (5%) and add restaurants at 2%.   However, the Cash+ dining categories don't include catering and possibly not bars (I haven't tried it at a bar yet).  Other dining cards are more inclusive and would include both of those categories.  Catering is good, because if you go to a show or an event that has a bar, they often code as "caterers".  

If you have a Sam's Club membership, their MC also has 3% dining, but the rewards are only annual; Marvel does a monthly statement credit.   

Discover is excellent for 5% on all dining when it's a category (Q2 is dining), but that only happens once a year.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 16 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Have you looked at blispay? It's a straight 2% and another flavor of the month card.
Message 17 of 25
creditfan
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

https://www.fidelity.com/cash-management/visa-signature-card

use this link https://www.fidelity.com/go/rewards-visa-signature to get $100 signup bonus

Message 18 of 25
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Marvel is not a card I have, but have heard good things about overall. It is one I'm looking in to based on what info I have so far.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 19 of 25
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Discover only does dining one quarter of the year, but at one quarter 5% and three 1%, that's still an average of 2% on dining for the year (which of course is not remarkable but not horrible either).

You can do the Marvel card for 3% dining/entertainment, AARP 3% dining, etc or you can just choose a standard 2% across the board card and not have to worry about things coding correctly. The Marvel is not a bad product but redemption isn't very flexible (the rewards just get deducted monthly). If you like to "save up" the points for any purpose, the Marvel isn't the best fit. If this doesn't matter to you and you just want the 3%, it offers 3% on many entertainment expenses.

Lastly, I'd question how big of a factor "entertainment" is in your budget? If these are just occasional purchases, may not be worth a dedicated card. Less is more with rewards cards. The more you spread out, the more diluted the points become.

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.