Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for an entertainment card...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looking for an entertainment card...

I will be in the garden for the next 6 months or so. But in the mean time I am starting to research a potential card that fits my spending habits. Looking for a CC to maximize restaurants, bars and fast food to earn more rewards. Any suggestions other than Citi- burned them horribly a couple years back and the blacklist is mutual... At 25 percent utilization for another three months then down to blow ten percent. EX 652, TU 640 and Eq 672- currently baddies two charge offs from 2013 and a 90 day late from 2013. Current line up:
Amex BCE 1000:grocery and as for 3 and 2 percent
Chase freedom 2500:for 5 percent categories
Barclay Rewards 3500: for utilities 2 percent cash back
Bofa BBR 2000- large purchases for the 120 in statement credits
Cap one QS 3500: daily for now at 1.5 percent if not using a category card
US Bank Cash Rewards- well, for nothing since its one percent and my lowest credit line 800
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Looking for an entertainment card...

Well you can always get the very entertaining Marvel card by Sync Bank. Great card for dining and entertaiment. Best of luck!Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't been able to find anything on that card when googling other than links to here haha
Message 3 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Well you can always get the very entertaining Marvel card by Sync Bank. Great card for dining and entertaiment. Best of luck!Smiley Happy

+1 to the Marvel card.

Message 4 of 25
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

You can also go to marvel.com and read up on it but im sure youll find plenty of info hereSmiley Happy. This became a sort of flavor of the month here but to be honest it is a great flavor and one i think has a nice futureSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 25
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I will be in the garden for the next 6 months or so. But in the mean time I am starting to research a potential card that fits my spending habits. Looking for a CC to maximize restaurants, bars and fast food to earn more rewards. Any suggestions other than Citi- burned them horribly a couple years back and the blacklist is mutual... At 25 percent utilization for another three months then down to blow ten percent. EX 652, TU 640 and Eq 672- currently baddies two charge offs from 2013 and a 90 day late from 2013. Current line up:
Amex BCE 1000:grocery and as for 3 and 2 percent
Chase freedom 2500:for 5 percent categories
Barclay Rewards 3500: for utilities 2 percent cash back
Bofa BBR 2000- large purchases for the 120 in statement credits
Cap one QS 3500: daily for now at 1.5 percent if not using a category card
US Bank Cash Rewards- well, for nothing since its one percent and my lowest credit line 800

You may come out better with a straight standard 2% card across the board vs 3% for this and 1% for that type card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 6 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just quickly looked up the Marvel card.. other than the design I don't get the big fuss about this card? The rewards don't seem like they're all that great?
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I haven't been able to find anything on that card when googling other than links to here haha

Here's from the Marvel card:

3% Back: For every dollar in eligible net purchases (merchandise purchased minus returns and adjustments) ("Purchases"), rounded to the nearest hundredth, charged to your Card for Purchases of dining, select entertainment and for Marvel Online and Convention Purchases. Select entertainment categories include Movie Theatres, Video Rental and Game Stores, Theatrical and Concert Promoters, Amusement Parks, Digital Entertainment, Games and Software, Music, Books and Newsstands, Toys and Hobby Stores....

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

With straight two percent cards I haven't seen anything other than citi...and citi and I have mutually blacklisted each other
Message 9 of 25
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

If those are current scores in signature going to have a bit of a trouble getting the Marvel card most likely...  Appears you have some decent cards with all things considered.  Best bet is to get your util down to < 10% and then go from there as that and time will give you a score boost.. Just my 2 cents.  Otherwords garden for a bit while paying down debt.  Then consider adding another card.. Just my 2 cents

Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.