Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for card to replace FP

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Looking for card to replace FP

I've had this card long enough.  Almost $200 in fees just to PAY THE BILL!!

I don't want to lose the CL tho, is there any average credit CC's out that would be a good replacement? Maybe one that could grow? I would love to wait til next year but I can't see myself paying them $11.00 to make a payment much longer.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for card to replace FP

I would wait until your scores are over 660 and then apply for a cap1 maybe. Orchard is also a little more friendly when it comes to fees. I have a fp too and I'm planning to get rid of it, but I won't until I have overall CL of around 5-7k. I was just recently approved for Barclays and Amex ZYNC, so I'm almost there.
Message 2 of 7
clocktick
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I would wait until your scores are over 660 and then apply for a cap1 maybe. Orchard is also a little more friendly when it comes to fees. I have a fp too and I'm planning to get rid of it, but I won't until I have overall CL of around 5-7k. I was just recently approved for Barclays and Amex ZYNC, so I'm almost there.

LS - what is the CL on your FP?

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@clocktick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

LS - what is the CL on your FP?

$300. It's not alot but I would like to keep it and maybe have something that will grow with me. FP is axed by max feb. anyway but I want it gone sooner.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Your scores should be fine for both Capone and Orchard.  Both are improvements over what you have, by a lot.

Message 5 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

I would try for one of the Cap One rewards or even a Discover More.

Since you want to maintain the CL, the Zync would be out of the question since its a charge card with NPSL.

Message 6 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

WAIT WAIT WAIT... With scores between 640-660 I would apply for American Express Zync, Barclay anything and call back door if declined or low limit given, skip Household!!!

MAYBE Cap1 if you do the pre-approval and they offer something, I would not cold apply...

But really if you can waste 2 inq I would do Amex and Barclay first.

Maybe a Citi card too and as another poster mentioned been seeing some lean in Discover lately in the mid 600's.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.