Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for no AF card

tag
JustWill
Valued Member

Looking for no AF card

I'm currently sitting just over 700 for EQ (FICO) and TU (FAKO) and have 2 year old paid collection on EX. Hoping to get something to replace my 2nd and 3rd oldest cards (HSBC 1500 and Orchard 1000) and avoid the AF. My oldest is Cap1 with $19 AF, have a CU (2K no AF), and I have a few odd store cards around 2K (HD, Lowes, and Amazon). Hoping for suggestions that won't pull Experian.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking for no AF card

@JustWill wrote:

I'm currently sitting just over 700 for EQ (FICO) and TU (FAKO) and have 2 year old paid collection on EX. Hoping to get something to replace my 2nd and 3rd oldest cards (HSBC 1500 and Orchard 1000) and avoid the AF. My oldest is Cap1 with $19 AF, have a CU (2K no AF), and I have a few odd store cards around 2K (HD, Lowes, and Amazon). Hoping for suggestions that won't pull Experian.

You can try Discover which usually pulls TU (but can vary) and CITI usually pulls EQ (rarely varies but possibly could soft the others).  Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 11
JustWill
Valued Member

@JM-AM wrote:

You can try Discover which usually pulls TU (but can vary) and CITI usually pulls EQ (rarely varies but possibly could soft the others).  Good Luck

Any particular Discover card that may be easier to qualify for than others, or better yet one that I should avoid?

Message 3 of 11
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

@JustWill wrote:

@JM-AM wrote:

Any particular Discover card that may be easier to qualify for than others, or better yet one that I should avoid?

See if pre-approved from their website and what they offer. If it only says recommended offers then it is not a pre-approval but does not mean if you applied you would be denied. Good Luck

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 4 of 11
JustWill
Valued Member

Anyone have other suggestions before I pull the trigger with Discover?

Message 5 of 11
mahendra82
Contributor

I say go for it. I was approved not too long ago without any preapproval offers. 

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Suggest BOA, Am ex blue, chase and discover,  they should all work with your scores

Message 7 of 11
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Suggest BOA, Am ex blue, chase and discover,  they should all work with your scores

Lol!  Those are the exact four cards I applied for and was approved for in 2008 with similar scores.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@JustWill wrote:

Anyone have other suggestions before I pull the trigger with Discover?

Alliant Credit Union. Great service, and very nice credit lines! Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 11
JustWill
Valued Member

OK, the results are in:

The Bad - Denied Citi Preferred (and I actually got a preselect offer from them last week), they pulled Experian.

The Good - Approved Amex Zync (chickened out on the Blue, and figured I could use the rewards), and they also pulled Experian.

The Best - Discover More requested more info, called in and got approved for $6500, not sure what they pulled yet.

I'll be closing HSBC and Orchard once I get the Discover, and then gardening. Thanks for all the input.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.