cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking for one more card to add to my arsenal.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking for one more card to add to my arsenal.

Just got done looking at the new recomendations, the chase 5% categories didn't seem tooooo great, and I couldn't find the Alliant card. I'm also considering the Playstation card but I don't spend that much on PSN. Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait two months and reapply to PenFed.

Or maybe I could go with BoA for gas, but that would be kind of poinless since I already get 3% with Amex :/

Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Alliant about the card: http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/news/alliants-new-visa-signature-credit-card-offers-3-percent-cash-back

Alliant app: http://staging.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-signature-card

Yes I remember this one! The reason I didn't app was because of the annual fee I might break even in comparison to a 1.5% card. Good find though I forgot all about that card!

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

The annual fee is waived the first year so there is no way you'd break even on a 1.5% or 2% card with no category bonuses.  It's a 3% card the first year with no AF.

They specifically say the card is for those who spend $50,000 a year or more on a CC.

If you compare this one to a 1.5% no-AF card, your spending on year 2 would need to be $5900 or more to be more cashback.

If you compare this to a 2.0% no-AF card, your spending on year 2 would need to be $11,800 or more to be more cashback.

If you spend less than that, you can still open it and use it for a year with no fee and get 3% cashback and then close it before the year 2 AF posts.

Message 14 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm planning on entering the garden for a long time, but want one more, below is what I currently have:

Amazon Store Card - Amazon
Amex Blue Cash Preferred - Groceries/Gas
Capital One Quicksilver - Recurring online bills (Hulu, netflix, etc)
Chase Sapphire Reserve - Everything else
Discover It - Rotating Categories
USBank Cash+ - Phone/Uber

Penfed and Citi are out of the question (because I was denied Smiley Sad)

I like having a card specifically for balance transfers.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.