Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to stay one night in a hotel in a couple months

tag
icyhot
Valued Contributor

Re: Looking to stay one night in a hotel in a couple months

@Anonymous wrote:
25K pts at a hilton gets you just a step above a motel 6.

Right, way better use of MR than transferring to Hilton. Or any points that aren't Hilton points. OP would use his whole bonus for a Hampton Inn Smiley Indifferent

Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 41 of 46
Open123
Super Contributor

@icyhot wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
25K pts at a hilton gets you just a step above a motel 6.

Right, way better use of MR than transferring to Hilton. Or any points that aren't Hilton points. OP would use his whole bonus for a Hampton Inn Smiley Indifferent

Right, in general, barring some kind of once in a lifetime promo (500% bonus on SPG transfers), it's best to NEVER transfer MRs into any hotel partner.  The only exception is if one were short a small number of points for a large redemption.

Message 42 of 46
jsucool76
Super Contributor

just a heads up to someone who said transfer 25k points to hilton. that would get you just under 40k hilton points which is enough for like... A parking spot at a hilton.
Message 43 of 46
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Maybe hilton is a bad value but surely OP could do something with his 25k MRs instead of apping for a new card because of a one time occasion. However, ive stated it several times, and dont want to repeat myself. OP needs to do whats best for them. I just personally think apping for cards for one time needs is unnecessary. The card remains on your report for 10 years, long after the one time need has passed.
Message 44 of 46
jsucool76
Super Contributor

eh. I also think apping for a new card is a meh value. it's one night in a hotel. just pay for it. lol.
Message 45 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will say this about special girls and fancy hotels, Once you go suite, You'll never get off cheap.
Message 46 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.