Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looking to trim fat...but should I?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looking to trim fat...but should I?

@kdm31091 wrote:

I absolutely recommend trimming some fat. Starting with the two Quicksilvers. You don't need two, and unfortunately Capital One won't combine limits, so your best bet is to close the lower limit and maybe try for a CLI on the other one.

A lot of your cards honestly overlap -- Amex Green and Amex ED, for example. I see no reason to have both, especially since Green has an AF. I see that you plan to close the Green so that's good. This will sound crazy, but how high is your spend? Can you justify the fee on CSP, while still spending on your ED? Again, the cards have similar "goals", if you will -- travel redemptions.

I'd definitely look and see what you can pare down, and it comes down to your spending/income, but it looks like there are certainly opportunites!

I do want to remove at least one Quicksilver, most likely the most recent one since it has the lower limit.  

My spend is high enough for the CSP after doing some math and pairing it with the new Freedom I'm AU on.  From research it's a fantastic rewards program that will give me the ability for travel (HUGE traveler here).  Making a little under $100k right now.  

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.