cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks Like My TD Bank Easy Rewards Card Got Upgraded to Visa Sig!

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: Looks Like My TD Bank Easy Rewards Card Got Upgraded to Visa Sig!

@eddie84 wrote:

You bought some pretzels for 3 bucks? Smiley Tongue

Congrats! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, actually Smiley Tongue

When I don't have the time on my lunch break to get a meal, I get a bag of the Wetzel Pretzel Cinnamon bites, since they are practically right outside my store and I get a mall discount Smiley Wink

Thank you everybody for the congrats!

Message 11 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Well this is the email response I received concerning the upgrade:

Your account was recently selected to be upgraded to a Sinature Platinum status. You may expect to receive your new card within 7-10 business days reflecting this change. If you have any additional questions, please contact our Customer Support Department at 1-888-561-8861.

What's a sinature platinum XD

Anyways, looks like the visa signature was a recent upgrade! Woohoo, can't wait to receive this new card! It is a little thicker than the platinum Smiley Happy

Also awaiting my custom card from Cap One in the mail... Tons of new plastic woohoo!
Message 12 of 27
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

On their page, it says:

If you apply for an Easy Rewards or Cash Rewards credit card and are approved, you will receive either a Signature card if your approved credit limit is $5,000 or greater or a Platinum card if your approved credit limit is less than $5,000. Both Signature and Platinum cards have the same terms and conditions, however our Signature card comes with added Visa Signature benefits.

That's more definite than I've seen elsewhere, in which you are considered for a sig if CL is >= $5,000.   But, as you say, you had a $5K limit and they issued a platinum!  Maybe this is a new policy, but anyway, now you have been "selected". Congratulations.

Message 14 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

They also have special rewards for Sig customers:

To view a list of exclusive products for our valued Easy Rewards Visa Signature customers, please log-in. If you do not have an online account, please click on the “Sign-Up” link and register today.

So another bonus!  

And unlike Citi, this card gives 1:1 on checks and statement credits.  I like it more and more.

Message 15 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

They also have special rewards for Sig customers:

To view a list of exclusive products for our valued Easy Rewards Visa Signature customers, please log-in. If you do not have an online account, please click on the “Sign-Up” link and register today.

So another bonus!  

And unlike Citi, this card gives 1:1 on checks and statement credits.  I like it more and more.

Nice catches, longtimelurker! I haven't really researched their cards and benefits intently in a while, so good information!

@09Lexie, that is a very good question. I think I only know of one other person on the boards with a TD CC, and i'm not sure if they are signature or not, but i haven't seen them post in a while...the statement should close in a few days, so if the signature upgrade is effective immediately, i'll let everyone know how it reports.

Need to research these "bonus benefits". I actually just received more 0% intro APR balance transfer checks again, good until June 2014...have absolutely no need for them, especially at a 4% transfer fee, but I'm sure if you're looking for consistent balance transfer opportunities for the life of your card, this would still be pretty good since not many issuers often do that.

Message 16 of 27
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Also didn't realize that I can now ask for cash back O.O i haven't been on the rewards site in a while, so not sure if this is a change because i'm a Signature card member or because they realize that points aren't the best XD

I'm requesting my $43 XD I barely use this card, so acquiring a decent amount of points for good redemptions just won't be worth it!

Message 17 of 27
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Also didn't realize that I can now ask for cash back O.O i haven't been on the rewards site in a while, so not sure if this is a change because i'm a Signature card member or because they realize that points aren't the best XD

I'm requesting my $43 XD I barely use this card, so acquiring a decent amount of points for good redemptions just won't be worth it!

The card is very generous for normal spending for the first six months, combining the benefits of a number of cards with 5% on groceries, gas, dining and utilities including phone and cable. 

For those inclined, recent developments means that the supermarket category can be used for manufactured spending, making this card VERY valuable!  And, while some people are reluctant to risk getting banned from Citi , getting banned from TD is more acceptable....

Message 18 of 27
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

Did you get this card with the 5x offer on dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments for 6 months with no caps?  

Not sure why this card isn't mentioned more here, even though the above lasts only 6 months, used correctly (or incorrectly, depending on your views!) this outweighs most bonuses and justifies a HP.   If it's still there, my next card once the Thank You Preferred runs out.....

Agreed. This card is awesome. I would swipe the living daylights out of ths card.  I'd pay my utilities for a year.

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 19 of 27
FutureBillionaire
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Did you get this card with the 5x offer on dining, groceries, gas and cable, phone and utility bill payments for 6 months with no caps?  

Not sure why this card isn't mentioned more here, even though the above lasts only 6 months, used correctly (or incorrectly, depending on your views!) this outweighs most bonuses and justifies a HP.   If it's still there, my next card once the Thank You Preferred runs out.....

+1

Anyone with a cooperative CVS should really look into this card.  

Don't you mean uncooperative?

Gas: Discover It, Penfed Platinum Rewards x2, Chase freedom, Citi TYP
Plane tickets: CSP
Groceries: AMEX BCP, Penfed Platinum Rewards,Citi TYP
Clothes: Express, Amex BCP, Discover IT
Amazon: Citi Forward, Cash +
Restaurants: Citi Forward, Chase Freedom, Discover IT, CSP
Hotels and other travel: Discover Escape, CSP
Movies: BofA travel rewards visa signature(fandango), Discover IT, Citi Forward, Freedom
Bars, clubs, tomfoolery: CSP, Citi Forward, Discover IT, Freedom
Balance transfers: Kroger 123 rewards
Bill Pay: Chase Ink Plus, Citi Forward,
Everyday spending: Bofa Accelerated cash rewards amex, Discover Escape
Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.