Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Amex completed FR

tag
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Looks like Amex completed FR

I have sent the forms to Amex and did not bother following up. I thought let them decide what ever they want to do. Today I got an email about spending limit on my account. I logged in and checked. They gave $5000 for Personal Platinum / $4500 for my Personal Delta Gold / $500 for Business Plum / $3000 for Business Gold Platinum Charge. I am not going to complain. I am glad they have decided to respect and keep my relationship with them instead of closing my accounts. But the account status still shows as suspeneded. I am wondering it would be removed in a day or two? Not sure how the account restore process works after the FR.

It is my own fault and it is my actions it caused. Again, I dont want to be worried and afraid about Amex doing FR any more as it happend and does not bother me.  I do not carry balances and I'll always pay in full. I guess if I keep that up I am sure Amex will restore my accounts back to no preset spending limits. I am sure Citi will restore my limits back soon in the future. The only real damage is UMB closing my account. I was stupid and called for CLI and they closed it. If I did not call then they probably would not have bothered. I guess the lesson I leanred is now I have too many un necesary and unneeded accounts. 7 wffnb cards. What a joke. I must have been really drunk when I was apping for them.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Looks like Amex completed FR

This would be the up side of having 40 gazillion accounts --plenty of back-up. Smiley Wink

Hope you get your AmEx cards thawed out promptly, and that others quickly follow suit!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

That happened to me with the spending limit email but my account was still suspended. The only person from what the rep was telling me that can lift the suspention is the rep that got your FR. Just give them a call and theyll lift it. I had to call in after I got the email too. Congrats on your FR.

Message 3 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@mross1080 wrote:

That happened to me with the spending limit email but my account was still suspended. The only person from what the rep was telling me that can lift the suspention is the rep that got your FR. Just give them a call and theyll lift it. I had to call in after I got the email too. Congrats on your FR.

How does this work? Who sets the spending limit? I thought the person doing the FR sets the limit? Is this correct? I am not going to loose my sleep over it. I'll wait for them to remove the supension. They know how to suspend the accounts and they should know how to remove the suspension. In the mean time, I'll keep using my Visa / MC and give them my business.

Message 4 of 6
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Congrats, Concorduser!  Looks like you're gonna be fine with Amex.  If the suspension is not lifted by Monday, I would give the FR person a call and see if everything's good to go.   Smiley Happy 

Message 5 of 6
mross1080
Established Contributor

From what I was told by the lady that did my FR. They get your info from IRS or bank info and enter it into computer. The system calculates it and spits out a desicion they review it and release account or cancel account. The system makes the call they just handle the info. Thats how the women explained it to me. I got a spending limit email and was still suspended. I called a few hours later and she said she just got in office but entered all my info the night before thats how that topic came up. She looked and saw the system assigned a spending limit explained how it worked and apoligized for me having a FR and said she released my accounts. I got a letter about 5 days later saying I had a spending limit and it was temporary until I built history. I actually dont care they set me at 6k and im more than happy with that.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.