Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Bank of America didn't do my product change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like Bank of America didn't do my product change

I called like 2 weeks ago to change my card to their 1% cash back card. I still see my old card listed on my list of accounts, and the new one hasn't showed up yet. Guess that's the last time I use their card, since 1% visa/mastercards are a dime a dozen out there, looks like I'll be getting another card.
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Looks like Bank of America didn't do my product change

Be patient.  Usually, BoA takes about a month to do a product change.  A couple of years ago, I changed my Visa to a WorldPoints card, and the change took about 4 weeks.  I've also seen other forum members post that their BoA product changes took about a month. 
Message 2 of 10
moonman
Frequent Contributor

yes their process may seem slow but there is a system in place which is standard protocol.
Message 3 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

When you ask BoA for a product change it won't change anything on your CR will it?  I currently have the USAirways Visa and I don't fly with them as much I use to.  Would like to move over to one of their other rewards program.  Didn't want it to mess with my age of the account on the CR.

Thank you.
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I did it on the assumption I keep my account age.

Otherwise I would've just canceled the card.
Message 5 of 10
nicemann
Established Contributor

fail2deliver wrote:
Well, I did it on the assumption I keep my account age.

Otherwise I would've just canceled the card.

That is why I asked....just wanted to make sure before I did it.  Anyone else done this before?
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yup, I thought the same thing when I changed from the Platium Plus visa to the BOA amex. About a few days short of a month my online banking menu changed. Then about three days later the card came in the mail. I dont get why it takes so...... long but it was worth the wait in the end.
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Over the Christmas holiday, I switched from the BoA Platinum Plus Visa to the BankAmericard Visa.  Kept the same TL with all of the CBs.  They simply changed the account number and mailed me a new card.  You will keep all of the account history.
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

By chance, do you lose your APR when you do a product change w/ BOA? I currently have an old school Platinum Mastercard w/ no rewards, but with a great 5.9% Fixed APR?
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

pjriverap wrote:
By chance, do you lose your APR when you do a product change w/ BOA? I currently have an old school Platinum Mastercard w/ no rewards, but with a great 5.9% Fixed APR?

I didn't lose my 7.9% Fixed when I changed my BoA Visa Platinum Plus to a WorldPoints card.  They might increase your rate if you change from Platinum MasterCard to World MasterCard, given the no pre-set spending limit cards generally have higher APRs.  Hopefully, your BoA customer service rep would have informed you of any rate changes that might occur after your product change. 
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.