Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like Chase 5/24 is by month not day

tag
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: Looks like Chase 5/24 is by month not day

@DrZoidberg wrote:

Do CR even show the day? I thought it was just MM/YYYY format. 

I know CK shows the date so I would assume the CR have to show it as well, I am due to pull my annual reports soon and will have to look when I do.

Message 11 of 15
olehammer
Frequent Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

I know CK shows the date so I would assume the CR have to show it as well, I am due to pull my annual reports soon and will have to look when I do.

My CR supplied reports always have records to the day for TU and EQ.  Experian seems to record and report to the month.

Message 12 of 15
dragontears
Senior Contributor

@olehammer wrote:

@dragontears wrote:

@DrZoidberg wrote:

My CR supplied reports always have records to the day for TU and EQ.  Experian seems to record and report to the month.

hmmmm maybe that is why the prequal came up based off of month not date since chase loves EX (with me at least)

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

100% has the date opened on it, and atleast for me chase softpulls TU for prequalifiers. If you start a dispute via any bureau, you can see who soft pulled your report and when
Message 14 of 15
myjourney
Super Contributor

@dragontears wrote:

Since I have seen the question asked in the past if Chase's 5/24 goes by month or actual open date I thought I would share my recent experience.

I just checked chase's prequal thinking it would return "no offers found" message just like it has done for the last year since I have >5 cards opened in the last 2 years. My Discover card officially turns 2 on the 20th of this month which would bring me down to 4/24 (freedon will turn 2 on 5/6). To my surprise I now have a preqaul for both CSP and slate!

Last time I check the prequal was near the end of last month and had no offers.

Chase's computer is not looking at app dates/approval dates 

All the info is coming from CB's via HP or SP

What is happening is the CB's sometimes will delete a HP early  by a few days, some at the end of the month and others the following month....YMMV 

So in essence it doesn't matter what day it has on your CR's what matters is when it's deleted from your CR's which puts you under the 5/24 rule 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.