cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like my Bofa BBR isn't working for me?

tag
linux007969
Established Contributor

Re: Looks like my Bofa BBR isn't working for me?

I called again and this time i caled the Customer Satisfaction Department at 855 359 9459 and got a very nice rep who took the time to go over my account extensively and i pointed out to her that i was paying in full and she even looked as to what they have on their end and they don't have the pay in full anymore on their end, its just pay more than the minimum, she even placed me on hold for a bit to check with her supervsor and they said the same thing that, what needs to be done is pay more than the minimum, but she said that on their end it is stated that there is no spend requirement. I'm glad i did try again cuz i was able to get a rep who took time to go over things completely, and she said she was sorry that all of this wan't stated completely in earlier calls.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 31 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

What was their explanation though for why you didn't receive your reward?

Message 32 of 42
axlm
Regular Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

Reading this thread has convinced to call again for a PC (from my Cash rewards) on Monday, though I've already tried a few times without success.  This seems like a really fun card to play around with on small charges.

Good luck with that! This post might be useful http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BOA-Better-Balance-taxable-rewards/m-p/4246501#M1208682

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 33 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talking about this thread gets me hoping for the future!

The BBR card offers effortless rewards, akin to spending $666.67 monthly on a quicksilver, all with no AF. Not to mention the frequent BT offers. It makes this card a winner year after year.

I would be curious in case anyone is reading this, what is the lowest APR they have ever seen on this card?

You can leverage current CL on other BOA cards to get the BBR open in recon in the event of a denial. I am wondering if you can move limit from a cobranded BOA card to a BBR?

Message 34 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

The BBR card offers effortless rewards, akin to spending $666.67 monthly on a quicksilver, all with no AF. Not to mention the frequent BT offers. It makes this card a winner year after year.

I would be curious in case anyone is reading this, what is the lowest APR they have ever seen on this card?

You can leverage current CL on other BOA cards to get the BBR open in recon in the event of a denial. I am wondering if you can move limit from a cobranded BOA card to a BBR?

My APR is 10.99 on my BBR and my Cash Rewards

Message 35 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@linux007969 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

My APR is 10.99 on my BBR and my Cash Rewards

That is just awesome. Yes I know lower APR's exist... but its below the usual BOA range. Kudos to you!

Message 36 of 42
linux007969
Established Contributor

Maybe i should use one of the Direct Deposit Balance Transfer offers and do something like $700 and use it to pay off other cards and simply pay it back slowly over time and earn the rewards that way and the rewards earned will make up for the 3% fee charged? ........ Maybe that is the whole design of the Bette Balance Rewards Card, as it is designed to be an ongoing Balance Transfer Card?

Message 37 of 42
axlm
Regular Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Maybe i should use one of the Direct Deposit Balance Transfer offers and do something like $700 and use it to pay off other cards and simply pay it back slowly over time and earn the rewards that way and the rewards earned will make up for the 3% fee charged? ........ Maybe that is the whole design of the Bette Balance Rewards Card, as it is designed to be an ongoing Balance Transfer Card?

This is what we do with our BBR, but not for a random amount, just do the math (1$ more than minimum payment) x (months in the 0% period) and BT that amount minus the 3% fee. Then set autopay and collect your bonus.

Last update: NOV 2022

Message 38 of 42
NRB525
Super Contributor

@linux007969 wrote:

Yes, but it should be an amount you are planning or already carrying on an expired BT offer.

BofA is simply one of the best BT offer banks.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 39 of 42
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@NRB525 wrote:

@Open123 wrote:

If I had this card (will call for a PC again, and hope I'll get lucky), I'll test it with a $1.00 cell phone payment.

lol

All the discussion is quite entertaining: "How few pennies do I need to get $25??" Smiley Happy

You all do realize, if you spend $25 per month on the card, and get a $25 bonus at the end of the quarter, that's a 33% Spend Bonus? I'm not getting the difficulty in being able to charge $25 per month for such a rich reward.

Yes, if you can be bothered!   I don't get the excitement about the small amount of money.    I can offer a once in a lifetime per person program.   Send me 1c and I will send you 2c!!!!  100% bonus guaranteed.    Even with a free transfer method I doubt if I would get many takers (thinks, this is myfico, maybe I would!)   I don't find $25 a quarter much more compelling, although obviously others do

Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.