cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

tag
Elcid89
Contributor

Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

Is anybody else seeing this sort of competition going on with their limits?

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

My guess is that the competition you are seeing is more a factor of your credit score.  With scores/CL like yours I can see why the lenders would be trying to fight for your business.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

is this a legit question or are you just bragging?  JK...  those are some awesome credit lines man.

curious if you don't mind asking, what kind of income does it take to get those kinds of lines?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 3 of 18
Elcid89
Contributor

@ryanbush wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

is this a legit question or are you just bragging?  JK...  those are some awesome credit lines man.

curious if you don't mind asking, what kind of income does it take to get those kinds of lines?

LOL, it's legit. Income is around $335k plus a variable bonus that is usually paid in stock options.

I'm pretty sure that my scores are more a factor of having a 30+ year credit history with no dings of any sort, ever. I opened my first credit account (which I still have open) in 1975. I'm so old that I remember the days when getting a mortgage meant a 20% downpayment, no exceptions and we had cigarette commercials done by doctors.

Just for a historical funny (to see how much things have changed since then), they gave me an initial credit line of $100,and I had to physically go into the bank with paystubs and such in hand & convince a humorless 4,000 year old loan officer in order to get it.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Message 4 of 18
mr_postman
Regular Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

wow outstanding lines  ELCID89 Smiley LOL you are now my new IDOL here Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Elcid89 wrote:

@ryanbush wrote:

@Elcid89 wrote:

LOL, it's legit. Income is around $335k plus a variable bonus that is usually paid in stock options.

I'm pretty sure that my scores are more a factor of having a 30+ year credit history with no dings of any sort, ever. I opened my first credit account (which I still have open) in 1975. I'm so old that I remember the days when getting a mortgage meant a 20% downpayment, no exceptions and we had cigarette commercials done by doctors.

Just for a historical funny (to see how much things have changed since then), they gave me an initial credit line of $100,and I had to physically go into the bank with paystubs and such in hand & convince a humorless 4,000 year old loan officer in order to get it.

I didn't doubt it wasn't legit, you have some awesome credit lines.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 18
Elcid89
Contributor

I also travel almost continually in the course of my job, and route all of those expenses through my personal cards in order to reap the rewards / cash back for myself. That makes my spending look a great deal higher than it would otherwise be if it were just my personal purchases going through them.

My company settles expenses weekly, so it works out pretty well from my standpoint. I remain amazed that they haven't forced us into using a corporate card (yet anyway) ...

Message 7 of 18
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Wow nice CLI. Congrats.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 8 of 18
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

im available for adoption Smiley Wink

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 9 of 18
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I can only wish to see competition like that for me.  Give me anothe year of on-time payment history and let's see what goodies come to me.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.