Contributor

Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

[ Edited ]

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

Is anybody else seeing this sort of competition going on with their limits?

FICO 04 scores: 809 (EQ) 812 (EX) 818 (TU)

Amex Platinum NPSL - Citi HHonors Sig. $58k - BMW Ultimate $40k
Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
NFCU Flagship Signature $50k - USAA Cash Rewards AMEX $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Valued Contributor

Re: Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

My guess is that the competition you are seeing is more a factor of your credit score.  With scores/CL like yours I can see why the lenders would be trying to fight for your business.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

Elcid89 wrote:

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

is this a legit question or are you just bragging?  JK...  those are some awesome credit lines man.

curious if you don't mind asking, what kind of income does it take to get those kinds of lines?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Contributor

[ Edited ]

ryanbush wrote:

Elcid89 wrote:

is this a legit question or are you just bragging?  JK...  those are some awesome credit lines man.

curious if you don't mind asking, what kind of income does it take to get those kinds of lines?

LOL, it's legit. Income is around $335k plus a variable bonus that is usually paid in stock options.

I'm pretty sure that my scores are more a factor of having a 30+ year credit history with no dings of any sort, ever. I opened my first credit account (which I still have open) in 1975. I'm so old that I remember the days when getting a mortgage meant a 20% downpayment, no exceptions and we had cigarette commercials done by doctors.

Just for a historical funny (to see how much things have changed since then), they gave me an initial credit line of $100,and I had to physically go into the bank with paystubs and such in hand & convince a humorless 4,000 year old loan officer in order to get it.

Chase Sapphire Preferred $62k - Merrill Lynch + Signature $41k - USAA Rate Advantage $28k
Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature $31k - Chase Amtrak Rewards World MC $41k

Regular Contributor

Elcid89 wrote:

wow outstanding lines  ELCID89 :smileylol: you are now my new IDOL here :smileylol:

Valued Contributor

Elcid89 wrote:

ryanbush wrote:

Elcid89 wrote:

LOL, it's legit. Income is around $335k plus a variable bonus that is usually paid in stock options.

I'm pretty sure that my scores are more a factor of having a 30+ year credit history with no dings of any sort, ever. I opened my first credit account (which I still have open) in 1975. I'm so old that I remember the days when getting a mortgage meant a 20% downpayment, no exceptions and we had cigarette commercials done by doctors.

Just for a historical funny (to see how much things have changed since then), they gave me an initial credit line of $100,and I had to physically go into the bank with paystubs and such in hand & convince a humorless 4,000 year old loan officer in order to get it.

I didn't doubt it wasn't legit, you have some awesome credit lines.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Contributor

I also travel almost continually in the course of my job, and route all of those expenses through my personal cards in order to reap the rewards / cash back for myself. That makes my spending look a great deal higher than it would otherwise be if it were just my personal purchases going through them.

My company settles expenses weekly, so it works out pretty well from my standpoint. I remain amazed that they haven't forced us into using a corporate card (yet anyway) ...

Established Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wow nice CLI. Congrats.

Amex Platinum (NPSL) | Amex BCE (33,400) | Chase Sapphire Preferred (24,800) | Discover IT (16,200) | Citi DCB (7,000) | CapOne (7,000) | Chase Freedom (6,300) | Walmart (4,500) | Alliant CU Visa | Gone for good: CapOne secured (thx for getting me started) | Amex Zync (thx for getting me into AX)

Regular Contributor

im available for adoption :smileywink:

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Frequent Contributor

I can only wish to see competition like that for me.  Give me anothe year of on-time payment history and let's see what goodies come to me.

My Wallet:
Discover It $14,300 | Chase United $12,000 | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7,000 | Chase Freedom $5,000 | Citi Simplicity $5,000 | AMEX BCE $4,200 | Paypal Extras Platinum $5,000 | Wells Fargo $1,000 | AMEX Zync NPSL
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.