Established Contributor
migliogiorni

Re: Looks like the SP competitive limit increase season is upon us ...

when i grow up I wwant to be like you! LOL J.K. or am I.....

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Senior Contributor
youngandcreditwrthy

Wowwwww!!!!!! You are awesome!!!! I can't wait to have cred like that!!!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $5k| West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Valued Contributor
jsucool76

Congrats!

popcorn.gif

Wallet: Capital One Cash Rewards 3500CL, Wells Fargo Cash Back College Visa: 900CL, Paypal Smart Connect: 1286CL, Walmart Discover: 2000CL, UPromise Mastercard: 1000CL, Chase Slate: 500CL, Discover IT: 2000CL, Citi Forward: 1500CL, Bank Of America Student Travel Rewards: 700CL
Valued Contributor
Dustink

Elcid89 wrote:

Three unrequested CLI's showed up today, all from SPs which occurred on the same date. The date is a coincidence, I'm sure, but the amounts of the CLI's make it pretty clear that my lenders are trying to match one another line for line.

Merrill Lynch + Signature: WAS $23k  INCREASED TO $33k  (now matches NFCU Flagship Rewards Signature)

Chase Sapphire Preferred:  WAS $36k  INCREASED TO $42k (now matches Citi Hilton HHonors Signature)

Citi Platinum Select / AAdvantage Signature:  WAS $17k  INCREASED TO $23k  (now matches previous Merrill Lynch + Signature line)

Is anybody else seeing this sort of competition going on with their limits?

Congrats on the limit increases. I think the banks are easing up and giving out lots of credit right now. Maybe in preperation for the annual holiday spending.

BTW: I got approved for the Amex HHonors card. Decided to go with that over the citi card. I also got approved for a $5k chase freedom. Thanks for your help and recommendations.

Tell your son to try for the Amex HHonors rather than the citi card. I talked to citi about their credit requirements, and they seem a bit more strict than amex.

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:21    

$14k          $8.5K          $7.5k          $7.5k         $6.5k             $6k             $5k            $5k             $5k              $5k           NPSL       @ 0%
Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats. I wanna be like you too

Established Contributor
Cadillac-XTS

Congrats. I wanna be like you too. Those are really nice limits

Established Member
rosegardener

:smileysurprised:

I bow to thee oh king of the great whacking credit lines.  Good Lord!!

You are proof what years of good credit behavior can reap.  Talk about a light at the end of the tunnel.

Well done, sir, well done.

In the wallet: USAA MC $4k, Citi Expedia MC $2k, Discover More $1k, Zync $500, American Eagle $1.9k, Amazon Store $1.5k, Lowes $1k, Belk $1.4k, Macy's $500, Abercrombie $350, VS $350
Score: 702 (Discover approval 08/03)
Goal: 800 Club
Picking up my intro spade and stepping in the garden. Let's grow some pretty roses!
Valued Contributor
navigatethis12

I remember I thought I was a king when Macy's increased the limit to $1000. I thought I was a god when GE Capital Retail Bank increased me up to $2380 lol. In time I hope to get high limits like yours; I am about a third of the way there so maybe not too long to wait.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+