Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Card

tag
n777ua
Established Contributor

Lost Card

I lost my BoA card and requested a repalcement.  How will this show on my CR ? Will a new account pop up, and if so do I need to be worried about falling scores, lenders seeing a new account...etc ? 

About $215,000 total credit among 11 cards
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Lost Card

@n777ua wrote:

I lost my BoA card and requested a repalcement.  How will this show on my CR ? Will a new account pop up, and if so do I need to be worried about falling scores, lenders seeing a new account...etc ? 

The account stays the same, history, opening date etc.   You will get a new NUMBER, but it is the account that matters on the credit report.   So, don't worry about that.

Message 2 of 5
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Actually it depends on how BofA handled it. I had a card that was compromised (potentially by a seller who stored info online) and was notified by Bof A that I would get a new card (I never reported anything they contacted me). What happened is they closed the account completely and opened a new account - and sent a new card. I showed both accounts for a while and eventually the old one dropped. Some opening date, same credit limit but I did lose the maximum payment history reflecting all on time. When I look at the details on a real credit report it just reflects the payments made after receiving the new card not line after line of green boxes. I'm sure it does not effect anything but how I feel about it. 

From now on I will always say I damaged the card and never fess up to losing the card. 

Message 3 of 5
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@n777ua wrote:

The account stays the same, history, opening date etc.   You will get a new NUMBER, but it is the account that matters on the credit report.   So, don't worry about that.

This is correct, it will just be a new number updated on the same history.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 5
vpae
Established Contributor

Similiar situation happened to me last year?

I think my credit card number was compromised either by my swiping it somewhere or by Bofa.

Anyway, I ended up with a new card number, my credit report actually shows a closed account and this current account. It does say in the comments for this current account that the information is disputed by me. Which I didn't technically dispute. The rest of the info remained the same.

I recall reading somewhere that accounts that are being disputed aren't used in your utilization calculator and fico scoring, is this right?

12/19/19 06/11/20 07/02/20
Total CL: $708,900. Largest CL: Amex Bonvoy Brilliant $70K. Apple Card $40K. Chase Ritz Carlton $35K. Mouseover for individual CLs
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.