Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/Stolen Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lost/Stolen Credit Card

I had to close a credit card that was lost and have the company reissue another card. There was a zero balance on the card and it had not been used while lost. I had the company issue a new card as a precaution.

How will this affect my FICO score? I have been debt free for two years and my FICO score has risen. I want to keep it up (ex 745). Will the reissue of a new credit card have an adverse effect on my FICO score? 

Message 1 of 2
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lost/Stolen Credit Card

I lost a CC with a $0 balance last November. I found that the old CC# will report as "Lost or Stolen Card" with a $0 balance. Then a second TL will list. The old CC then deleted on TU I think but remained on EQ and EX and stopped reporting the monthly "OK" after the point I lost the card.

When the new CC reported, my average age suffered. It was newer compared to the rest of my history (based on the org. open date of the CC). My scores could have dropped but I had too much happening on my CRs then to tell you by how. 

Message 2 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lost/Stolen Credit Card

I lost a CC with a $0 balance last November. I found that the old CC# will report as "Lost or Stolen Card" with a $0 balance. Then a second TL will list. The old CC then deleted on TU I think but remained on EQ and EX and stopped reporting the monthly "OK" after the point I lost the card.

When the new CC reported, my average age suffered. It was newer compared to the rest of my history (based on the org. open date of the CC). My scores could have dropped but I had too much happening on my CRs then to tell you by how. 

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.