Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Wallet...Thanks Palladium

tag
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Lost Wallet...Thanks Palladium

Lost my wallet this weekend...  Had to cancel all the cards which is a big pain and lost my driver's license and some money..Let them know on Sunday.. Today got my AMEXs and Palladium card back.  Still waiting on the other cards.

So the problem I had was no wallet for my new cards...Found the receipt for the original wallet so I could buy it again...Wow like 575 for a wallet (what was I thinking)... But here is the kicker.  Realized that the purchase protection on the card would cover the wallet itself.  Called up tonight at 10:30pm PST...Just need to send them the documents and I'm good to go.  Thanks Chase and Palladium card!!

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
quest208
Frequent Contributor

Re: Lost Wallet...Thanks Palladium

which wallet?

i want one too

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 2 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Pasha 9 from Cartier.  Nice wallet, but way bigger than I was used too.  Used to use half wallet and pockets for money, but wife convinced me to grow up.  Her choice on the wallet.

Message 3 of 25
bribro
Valued Contributor

Gotta love good service. Smiley Happy

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 4 of 25
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

Just curious, what in the world does a $575 wallet do that a $20 wallet doesn't?

Nothing will ever top the "magic wallet."  Which is about $25, IIRC.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 25
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I dont intend to derail this thread, but quality leather goods and accessories in general are definitely worth their often hefty pricetags. I can already image the comments yet to post about the $575 someone would spend in a wallet. The audacity! Oh my, what a sum! However, that Cartier will last 15 years! I have a Coach wallet that was in the $185-200 range and it is 6 years old and still looks pretty damn great. It is stuffed with cards and shines like new. Probably will last another 5 years or more too.
Message 6 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

This is why I recommend the rubber band wallet ~ wrap it around a fat cash roll, and tuck in your favorite credit cards.    Free with purchase of broccoli or asparagus !

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 7 of 25
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

All kidding aside, I think it's pretty cool that your Palladium purchase protection covered a replacement !   What is the window for replacement, is it 90 or 120 days ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 8 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Price is pretty ridiculous. Didn't realize how expensive until I saw bill. Just glad about protection.
Message 9 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:

All kidding aside, I think it's pretty cool that your Palladium purchase protection covered a replacement !   What is the window for replacement, is it 90 or 120 days ?

90 days. Looks very similar to amex's protection
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.