Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost Wallet...Thanks Palladium

tag
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: Lost Wallet...Thanks Palladium

That's nuts to spend that much on a wallet Unless its GPS trackable.....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 11 of 25
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

I'm pretty sure the day I can afford to spend $600 on a wallet... I'm still going to go to Kohl's. I could get a new wallet every year for 12 years and spend just slightly less, or even better since my $40 dollar wallets seem to last me a good five years at a time... I could buy new wallets for the next sixty years on a regular schedule and still spend less.

My goal is to be quite wealthy by the time I retire. And wear an $80 watch the whole time.

Message 12 of 25
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@MrShush wrote:
I dont intend to derail this thread, but quality leather goods and accessories in general are definitely worth their often hefty pricetags. I can already image the comments yet to post about the $575 someone would spend in a wallet. The audacity! Oh my, what a sum! However, that Cartier will last 15 years! I have a Coach wallet that was in the $185-200 range and it is 6 years old and still looks pretty damn great. It is stuffed with cards and shines like new. Probably will last another 5 years or more too.

okay, you spend $600 dollars on a wallet that lasts 15 years, I'll spend $20 a piece on 3 wallets that last 5 years a piece!  I don't think I need to run the cost/benefit analysis on that one Smiley Wink

Thread derailed.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 13 of 25
MrShush
Valued Contributor

^lol
Message 14 of 25
FrugalRican
Blogger

So about the Palladium and their CS...

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 15 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope this message board doesn't turn into a criticize-other-people's-values-or-desires board.  Don't think anyone would appreciate having their own purchases critiqued if they had the means to pay for it, and they are adults and can make their own decisions.

Can we keep the comments focused on credit cards, benefits, rebuilding, etc?  The OP doesn't seem to have put his credit into turmoil by making a purchase he chose to make.  He was sharing information about a card he has personal experience with.

Message 16 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@FrugalRican wrote:

So about the Palladium and their CS...

Pretty impressed. A little hassle as they asked for copy of receipt, itemized credit card bill, and personal insurance declaration. But they did answer at almost 11pm pst and had person in their insurance department available then too. Kind of funny as they asked for credit card bill from card used and I was like that card is gone with the wallet and card number changed so that took a minute to verify that would cause problem.
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 17 of 25
Crashem
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I hope this message board doesn't turn into a criticize-other-people's-values-or-desires board.  Don't think anyone would appreciate having their own purchases critiqued if they had the means to pay for it, and they are adults and can make their own decisions.

Can we keep the comments focused on credit cards, benefits, rebuilding, etc?  The OP doesn't seem to have put his credit into turmoil by making a purchase he chose to make.  He was sharing information about a card he has personal experience with.

Haahaa. I don't really mind. Seems ridiculously priced to me as well. But Cartier definitely prices everything high. It was really nice looking wallet, but more my wife's call than mine. On the other hand, not to be crude, but the wallet did help me get laid....then again it was with my wife Smiley Happy
               LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 18 of 25
MrShush
Valued Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Haahaa. I don't really mind. Seems ridiculously priced to me as well. But Cartier definitely prices everything high. It was really nice looking wallet, but more my wife's call than mine. On the other hand, not to be crude, but the wallet did help me get laid....then again it was with my wife Smiley Happy

That's all that matters Smiley Wink

Message 19 of 25
delayedinsanity
Regular Contributor

I didn't intend it to be a negative criticism, more of an analysis; money is meant to be spent, and if a particular wallet, watch, car or latte is what works for you then that's the only reason you need to buy it. I have my own investments that to anybody but me don't make any sense. I just happen to like cheap "accessories", and not just because I'm a poor sunuvub... or maybe that's all it is. Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.