Sorry about your lost wallet OP. 

Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 21 of 31
chnceit
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost my wallet :(

I wouldn't even know where to start if I lost my wallet, sorry to hear that OP. 

The DMV will definitely be the hardest 

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 31
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@colindidit wrote:

@Rhaeny wrote:

Oh wow...sorry to hear about that.  This must be just one big headache.  That just made me think, aren't some of these monitoring services supposed to have an automatic identity theft/loss protection?  I could have sworn that I read that you could call them and somehow they are able to quickly notify every creditor listed on your CBR?  I have USAA monitoring and I thought that was there.  Anybody know about this?

The link posted i think like 3 up has that option but i dont really want to pay 40 dollars a month. Anyone have this on their cards for free that was an easy approval i can apply for in the near future in case this happens again ?

i see you have a BofA card.

I use BofA privacy assist for credit monitoring - i think it's about $12  a month.

i get quarterly mini-credit reports and scores and email alerts for any significant changes during the interim between quarterly reports

iirc, they also offer where you can register up to 20 credit/debit cards... i assume this is so they can help you if your cards are lost or stolen or if you've had your identity 'stolen'

from personal experience about 8 yrs ago when my purse was stolen ,i was told if you report the incident to the police (because of possibility of identify theft), you can somehow get CRAs to provide you with free credit reports.  i think you can do that without having a credit monitoring service assist you, but BofA privacy assist offers help with identity theft issues  

Message 23 of 31
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

DMV!!!!! I know abut DMV!!! Been trying to get duplicate copy of my D.L. for almost a year now. I lost my wallet with all of my ID including my ss card. In NJ the DMV require 6-points of ID and I dont have it because I lost my wallet. I know what your going through. Sorry to hear that.

Message 24 of 31
starry1
Valued Contributor

Oh, that's gonna suck.  Especially if you're one of the guys on here with umpteen cards.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 25 of 31
colindidit
Established Contributor

I wasn't carrying them all luckily.. And yeah jersey sucks my brother lives there so I know all about that **bleep** lol
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 26 of 31
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

that sucks man, credit cards are no big deal a few phone calls and thats taken care of.  Id be upset that id have to get another ID and SS card if those were in the wallet and worry about someone using my identity. 
I never carry my ss card in my wallet and only carry the cards im using for that month.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 27 of 31
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I hope this never happens to my dad, mom nor sister because....well......I LOVE THEIr CREDIT CARDS AND WOULD HATE TO KNOW THAT THEY ARE BEING USED BY SOME STARNGER. hahha that mst be the crappiest feeling. EVERYHTING WELL BE FINE JUST CALL AND CANCEL  RIGHT AWAY Smiley Happy

P.S SENDING YOU A BIG BEAR AND TURTLE HUG Smiley Happy

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 28 of 31
Give_Me_Credit_Please
Regular Contributor

It's a nightmare and DMV here are very very strick!! Even though they can look-up my picture on their database, it doesn't matter with them.

Message 29 of 31
PokemonMaster
Frequent Contributor

@Give_Me_Credit_Please wrote:

It's a nightmare and DMV here are very very strick!! Even though they can look-up my picture on their database, it doesn't matter with them.

I am from NJ as well. There's a valid reason our DMV is so strict. Some of the 9/11 terrorists had valid NJ drivers licenses. Everything I need to go to the DMV is kept in a safe deposit box. You really only need a Birth Certificate, Social Security card, and a credit card bill to get 6 points.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.