tag
Dustink
Valued Contributor

Re: Lost my wallet :(

@Duncanrr wrote:
Biggest pain is having to get another ID. DMV sucks Smiley Wink

+1

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 11 of 31
colindidit
Established Contributor

lol this is my 3rd id in 3 years....and now when i go to get my license in 5 days...i have to shell out more money Smiley Tongue

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 12 of 31
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

I have this via my Zync pac

https://lwpenroll.americanexpress.com/offer.cfm?siteID=88888&sid=AX02117618

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 13 of 31
colindidit
Established Contributor

thats pretty cool...im just against paying for stuff...if this happens again i'll for sure get that.

Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 14 of 31
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Wow sorry to hear man

Hope nobody using your identity to do a bad thing ;-(

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 15 of 31
colindidit
Established Contributor

oh gosh. i hope not lol...

Message 16 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

Oh wow...sorry to hear about that.  This must be just one big headache.  That just made me think, aren't some of these monitoring services supposed to have an automatic identity theft/loss protection?  I could have sworn that I read that you could call them and somehow they are able to quickly notify every creditor listed on your CBR?  I have USAA monitoring and I thought that was there.  Anybody know about this?

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 31
colindidit
Established Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

Oh wow...sorry to hear about that.  This must be just one big headache.  That just made me think, aren't some of these monitoring services supposed to have an automatic identity theft/loss protection?  I could have sworn that I read that you could call them and somehow they are able to quickly notify every creditor listed on your CBR?  I have USAA monitoring and I thought that was there.  Anybody know about this?

The link posted i think like 3 up has that option but i dont really want to pay 40 dollars a month. Anyone have this on their cards for free that was an easy approval i can apply for in the near future in case this happens again ?

Message 18 of 31
Dustink
Valued Contributor

I am sure you could call visa signature, amex plat concierge ect and tell them you lost your wallet. They could likely do all the legwork. 

Too many INQs & low AAoA so I'm off to tend the Garden.     Age:23    

$17k       $8.5K          Closed          $19k      $6.5k        $24.2k        Closed         $5k       Closed     $8.5k        Closed      @2.49%
Message 19 of 31
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@Dustink wrote:

I am sure you could call visa signature, amex plat concierge ect and tell them you lost your wallet. They could likely do all the legwork. 

Ahhh good one that I hadn't thought about.  I just looked up the visa siggy info but it didn't say anything about handling the lost of other cards just their card.  Maybe its hidden in the information but I didn't see it.  I also checked back in USAA and as long as you have their monitoring service their identity theft/card lost program is free.  You have to enter each card into their system and after that they take care of it.  Come to think about it I believe Equifax has the same or similar service.

I know its probably too late to help the OP, but for anyone else its worth checking out your own cards and monitoring services just in case something like this happens to you then like Dustink said, you can call one number and they do all of the legwork.

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 20 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.