Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lost/stolen card and reporting

tag
Tuxedo77
Contributor

Lost/stolen card and reporting

It was my understanding that when a card is reported lost or stolen and your replacement card reports, both should count as one card? I saw my Equifax score watch and it counted the old closed account along with the new replacement card. Will this hurt my AAoA?
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting

I also got a CreditSecure alert on this.. I'd be interested to know this answer.
Message 2 of 7
SnackTrader
Valued Contributor

It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $50,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Prestige (4/16) $30,000

Last App: June 27, 2015
Message 3 of 7
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@SnackTrader wrote:
It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

Yeah it does report as lost/stolen, but for number of accounts both are counted individually, not as 1 combined.

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Message 4 of 7
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

Yeah it does report as lost/stolen, but for number of accounts both are counted individually, not as 1 combined.

As SnackTrader already stated, this could help or hurt your AAoA, depending on the age of the tradeline.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 5 of 7
Tuxedo77
Contributor

@DaveSignal wrote:

@Tuxedo77 wrote:

@SnackTrader wrote:

As SnackTrader already stated, this could help or hurt your AAoA, depending on the age of the tradeline.

It's a new TL so I want it removed. So now that we've established that it will hurt, how do I get it removed? Dispute?

Message 6 of 7
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

You want to remove your replacement card from the CRAs ? Is the date opened the same as the card that was stolen?

By the way... You cannot dispute the information if its accurate.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.