Reply
Contributor
Tuxedo77
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎07-06-2013
0

Lost/stolen card and reporting

It was my understanding that when a card is reported lost or stolen and your replacement card reports, both should count as one card? I saw my Equifax score watch and it counted the old closed account along with the new replacement card. Will this hurt my AAoA?
AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Moderator
Kenny
Posts: 5,693
Registered: ‎01-15-2009
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting

I also got a CreditSecure alert on this.. I'd be interested to know this answer.
Starting Score: EQ04: 748 (1/31/14) - TU08: 755 (1/06/14)
Current Score:EX08:802(10/08) - EQ04:770(10/31) - EQ08:790(10/16) - TU08:808(10/02)
Goal Score: 800+
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,566
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting

It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014
Contributor
Tuxedo77
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎07-06-2013
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting


SnackTrader wrote:
It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

 Yeah it does report as lost/stolen, but for number of accounts both are counted individually, not as 1 combined.

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Community Leader
Valued Contributor
DaveSignal
Posts: 2,111
Registered: ‎07-29-2011
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting


Tuxedo77 wrote:

SnackTrader wrote:
It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

 Yeah it does report as lost/stolen, but for number of accounts both are counted individually, not as 1 combined.


As SnackTrader already stated, this could help or hurt your AAoA, depending on the age of the tradeline.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Contributor
Tuxedo77
Posts: 139
Registered: ‎07-06-2013
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting


DaveSignal wrote:

Tuxedo77 wrote:

SnackTrader wrote:
It is going to depend on how an issuer reports it, but what I have seen many times in the past is a new tradeline with the same date as the old tradeline. This could help or hurt depending on how old the card is and how long your history is already. The old tradeline is usually closed and reported as "Closed By Issuer - Card Lost or Stolen".

Only way to know for sure is to pull a report (annualcreditreport.com) and look at what it says.

 Yeah it does report as lost/stolen, but for number of accounts both are counted individually, not as 1 combined.


As SnackTrader already stated, this could help or hurt your AAoA, depending on the age of the tradeline.


It's a new TL so I want it removed. So now that we've established that it will hurt, how do I get it removed? Dispute?

AMEX: PRG, EDP - Citi: Double Cash WMC - Barclay's: Sallie Mae WMC, RMC - Discover: IT - Chase: Freedom
Moderator
09Lexie
Posts: 26,030
Registered: ‎09-13-2012
0

Re: Lost/stolen card and reporting

You want to remove your replacement card from the CRAs ? Is the date opened the same as the card that was stolen?

By the way... You cannot dispute the information if its accurate.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}