cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of Luv From USAA

tag
bmiracle

Lots of Luv From USAA

I have been working hard to clean up my credit and actually get someone to trust me with what I would call a major credit line.  I have been with USAA for only about 30 days and they have my home owners and auto insurance and my checking and savings.  I called today and got my truck refied thru them and was instantly approved for there MC with a 5000 dollar LIMIT......My previous and only card was a cap. one with a 500 limit who turned me down for a CLI and raised my interest rate this month.  I know some would want to know the details so heres what I will share.  My CR has a few baddies that are about 3 yrs old and my score as of this morning.....633.  I cant believe it.  I also asked for there amex but was declined but the guy said it was probably due to the refi and new card and he would send it to under writting and was sure I would be approved.  I have two other card I want to app before i quit and let things age like all you smart folks on here say to do,  Thank you all for the advice and tips you give, 
Message 1 of 6
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lots of Luv From USAA

Congrats!  Smiley Happy  The hard work always pays off....eventually.

FYI:  Not sure what your eligibility was with USAA, but if you can also meet the eligibility requirements of NFCU (Navy Federal Credit Union) they give the most generous credit limits of any the banks or credit unions that I have researched.  You might want to check them out.

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  Smiley Happy  The hard work always pays off....eventually.

FYI:  Not sure what your eligibility was with USAA, but if you can also meet the eligibility requirements of NFCU (Navy Federal Credit Union) they give the most generous credit limits of any the banks or credit unions that I have researched.  You might want to check them out.

Message 2 of 6
bmiracle

I am former Air Force.  Would that get me in?  is there a easy back door like Aliant has?

and thanks on the congrats

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bmiracle wrote:

I am former Air Force.  Would that get me in?  is there a easy back door like Aliant has?

and thanks on the congrats

Nope.  Unless you are retired (paid) in some form, have a household or 1st degree relative who is a member, you are not eligible.

Otherwise you must be active or reserve (not IRR) any branch, or DoD employee or contractor, or as stated a 1st degree relative or household member of an existing member.

If you have a family member who is "eligible" then you can get them to join and then  you can join.

For me, I am Army vet, but this did not qualify.  My father-in-law is an active Army Warrant Officer.  So he was eligible.  We asked him to join, he did.  This made my wife eligible, so she joined.  This made me eligible and I joined.  So, the six degrees of separation may be useful if you are not personally or directly eligible.

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-23-2009 10:09 AM
Message 4 of 6
bmiracle

Well the answer to all that is mmmmmm no.  Anyway thanks for the thought and thanks for yours and you father in laws service.  Always keep our troops in our thoughts and prayers because if it werent for them our fico scores would be meaningless.  haha..........THANKS TO ALL VETS
Message 5 of 6
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Congrats.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.