Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lots of apps now worried about AA

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lots of apps now worried about AA

You will be fine... Now chain yourself to the garden..

Message 11 of 20
OroroMunroe
Contributor

Will do! Now I have to avoid the Approvals threadSmiley Sad

Message 12 of 20
onstar
Established Contributor

@OroroMunroe wrote:

And the Applications Forum.

And maybe this forum (Credit Cards Forum) too.

I was gardening, but about once a week, I'd stop out because I found something irresistible. Like today with the Amazon Prime Store Card. #FAIL #HELP

BK DC 4/9/2018
FICO 08 (4/9/2018): EQ 647 EX 609 TU 620
FICO 08 (10/16/2020): EQ 676 EX 659 TU 653
Message 13 of 20
NRB525
Super Contributor

@OroroMunroe wrote:

Which cards do you have? Different CCC have different approaches to AA.

It is also a good idea to list your cards in your siggy, you can get more relevant advice.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 14 of 20
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I think I'd be more worried if I did 11 accounts over 2 days instead of years.  However I think that'd be a good place to stop and just let those age.  

+1. Two years. No sweat. Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@OroroMunroe wrote:

Thank you for the replies! Over the past two years or so, I have opened 11 accounts. I have between 13-19 inquiries. I'm hopefully not inviting AA, but after reading about it here on the forum, I was starting to worry. Thank you for the information! I feel better prepared. 

That is exactly what I did. But realized that it was a bit too fast with the credit extention ...from 8,5K to 150K+ = more than double my annual income in less than 2 years. Once my accounts hit the 2 year mark I will feel better 😉 and will add not more than 1 account every 6 months. So far I was lucky and had no AA taken and hope it will stay that way.

Message 16 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya that amount in that time frame  isn't going to get you AA'ed unless as stated other factors come up like spike in Utilization etc... People are known to do 10 here in a day or two, that is what raises flags.  I must say to myself work and no forums, but so hard!

Message 17 of 20
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@OroroMunroe wrote:

Thank you for the replies! Over the past two years or so, I have opened 11 accounts. I have between 13-19 inquiries. I'm hopefully not inviting AA, but after reading about it here on the forum, I was starting to worry. Thank you for the information! I feel better prepared. 

Be careful relying on trends based on posts on any discussion forum.  You can do so but you always need to consider your sources and any discussion forum presents skewed data.  myFICO has a lot of rebuilders and rebuilders.  It doesn't take much for people with thin and poor credit profiles to be seen as risky by creditors whereas those with more established profiles in good standing can better handle such changes.

Additionally, what invokes AA varies from creditor to creditor.  As stated above, there are a lot of variables at play and you can't just assume that a lot of posts about AA means that you're at risk.  You need to get a better understanding of the shape your credit is in and what is seen as risky specifically for your profile.  Granted, that's tricky to do.

It's really too late to worry over AA from new accounts at this point.  You really need to worry before apping.  There's no sense in worrying over AA until it happens though you certainly want to consider the risk of AA when making decisions.  If it does happen then like any other problem solving you need to determine the specific cause and address it versus relying on a fixed list of solutions or randomly applyng solutions to the problem.  If AA is from new accounts there isn't anything you can do aside from letting the new accounts age.  You can try to keep other risk factors minimized but the creditor's primary concern is generally what really matters.

Message 18 of 20
OroroMunroe
Contributor

Thank you for your informative, sobering response. Hindsight, hindsight, hindsight! 

Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Get some Wellies & go stand in some mud for awhile.  That will keep you in the garden! Smiley Wink  Con join us...........Smiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.