Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lounge Access Question.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lounge Access Question.

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. This is my first time having a CC of this caliber. I recently was approved for the Ritz Carlton card. Well today, I received a lounge access card in the mail. My question is, do you have to maintain a certain spending criteria in order to keep the lounge access? I wasn't sure if as long as I am a Ritz Carlton card holder I will always have the lounge access. Also are you charged for the access of the lounges?  I know if you purchase any of the refreshments you will be charged, but wasn't sure as to if there is a entry fee. Sorry I didn't find any information in the brochures. I'm sure its there I just must have over looked it. LOL. I'm looking for some more detail clarification on this. Thanks to all. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Lounge Access Question.

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry if this is a dumb question. This is my first time having a CC of this caliber. I recently was approved for the Ritz Carlton card. Well today, I received a lounge access card in the mail. My question is, do you have to maintain a certain spending criteria in order to keep the lounge access? I wasn't sure if as long as I am a Ritz Carlton card holder I will always have the lounge access. Also are you charged for the access of the lounges?  I know if you purchase any of the refreshments you will be charged, but wasn't sure as to if there is a entry fee. Sorry I didn't find any information in the brochures. I'm sure its there I just must have over looked it. LOL. I'm looking for some more detail clarification on this. Thanks to all. 

Nope.  You're not required to spend anything for the lounge access. Theres no entry fees to get in.  That's what the AF is for.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK Thanks. Have you ever used the private lounges before? I was wondering if they will be worth using.

Message 3 of 6
CreditJim
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

OK Thanks. Have you ever used the private lounges before? I was wondering if they will be worth using.

It really depends whose lounge it is, but essentially, it's just a quiet place to sit. If you're in a lounge in the U.S. you might be lucky enough to get a couple of free pretzels and a coffee too. American Express Centurion lounges being the exception in the U.S, they're great.

Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 4 of 6
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They're free. Of course they're worth using Smiley Tongue 

Only spending requirement the ritz has is the one for gold (or platinum status) You get free marriott/ritz gold status the first year, and you can maintain it by spending $10,000 a year, or get platinum status by spending $75,000 a year. Unrelated from airport lounges, but gets you marriott lounge access in hotels Smiley Tongue 

Message 5 of 6
NRB525
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

They are definitely worth seeking out, if you have any time between flights. It gets you out of the "bus terminal" environment. Useful not only the food and drink but comfortable chairs and real tables if you have work to do on a laptop. Showers and changing rooms in many of them as well.

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.