Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love Shop Discover :)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love Shop Discover :)

I ordered items for my boys (cocktiels and guinea pig) at Petco.com through Shop Discover.  It was very high Cashback Bonus of 15% plus shipping was FREE with promo code with minimum of $39 purchase.  I needed at least of $45 to meet $500/mo spending deal.  It was worth it and  it is pending ( I assume it is $6.79)

SUBTOTAL:
SHIPPING:
SHIPPING DISCOUNTS:
TAX:
ORDER TOTAL:
$41.64
  $4.99
 -$4.99
  $3.64
$45.28

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
DI
Super Contributor

Re: Love Shop Discover :)

@Anonymous wrote:

I ordered items for my boys (cocktiels and guinea pig) at Petco.com through Shop Discover.  It was very high Cashback Bonus of 15% plus shipping was FREE with promo code with minimum of $39 purchase.  I needed at least of $45 to meet $500/mo spending deal.  It was worth it and  it is pending ( I assume it is $6.79)

SUBTOTAL:
SHIPPING:
SHIPPING DISCOUNTS:
TAX:
ORDER TOTAL:
$41.64
  $4.99
 -$4.99
  $3.64
$45.28

I like Shop Discover too.  I recently bought some shoes linked from that site.  You'll receive an email from Discover confirming the amount of cashback you've earned. 

Message 2 of 22
MrShush
Valued Contributor

I used Shop Discover heavily in Nov. and Dec. and got a TON of cash back. I think I got between the bonuses for shopping online and clicking through the Shop Discover links somewhere around $65 during that 5 or 6 week period.

Message 3 of 22
way2evil
New Contributor

Shop Discover doesnt pay out if you use a promo code.

Message 4 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

@way2evil wrote:

Is that a fact?  I used a promo code and got cashback when I purchased my shoes. 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@way2evil wrote:

The promo code is for the shipping, not for the products.  Moreover, I've made purchase at Petco.com with promo code for FREE Shipping in the past and received Bonus Cashback.

Message 6 of 22
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Shop Discover is a great way to save on things you were going to buy anyway. I love the buy online and pick-up in store feature for several local retailers I shop at. Great way to save 5% at Best Buy and WalMart. I have gotten $800-$1000 back in the last year.

Message 7 of 22
way2evil
New Contributor

Yes. On every Shop Discover page it says

• Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers

Whether you get the cashback or not is up to the merchant. The merchant pays Discover, who in turn pays you.

Message 8 of 22
DI
Super Contributor

@way2evil wrote:

Yes. On every Shop Discover page it says

• Offer is not valid in combination with any other offers

Whether you get the cashback or not is up to the merchant. The merchant pays Discover, who in turn pays you.

You are reporting inaccurate information.  When one uses a store linked to Shop Discover somewhere on the internet may be a promo code.  The promo code has nothing to do with receiving the cashback from Discover. You are misinterpreting 'offer is not valid in combination with any other offers'.   That is only saying one cannot use more than one  promo code for one purchase.  All merchants have that policy.  

Message 9 of 22
FicoScore626
Frequent Contributor

Do you get cashback bonuses on ANY category anytime you use Shop Discover or do the places you shop at have to fall under that particular month's cashback category? For example, June is the month to receive cashback bonuses from purchases made from Grocery stores and Drug stores. But what if during the month of June you use Shop Discover and make purchases from places that fall under "Travel", "Entertainment", and/or "Books". Will you receive cashback bonuses on those purchases?

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.