Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love from NFCU

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Love from NFCU

On a whim, I decided to request a CLI - my previous CL was 1500 and I asked for 5000. They instantly approved the CLI - and since my resports are frozen, I'm guessing it was a soft pull too. So.. I'm happy! My statement cuts tomorrow (the 13th) so I'm hoping it'll post with the new higher CL.

Anyway - I guess using the card heavily and paying almost full (leaving just a 1-2% util) paid off! Now I can stop badmouthing them for giving me a low starting credit limit! Smiley Wink

Message 1 of 36
35 REPLIES 35
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Love from NFCU

Congrats! That gives me hope. Smiley Happy

How long have you had the card?
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Since August. I'm not sure why I decided to pull the trigger now and try my luck, especially since it's a day before my 5th statement cuts, but I'm glad I did!

I'm trying not to app for new credit cards until I apply for an auto loan, so I guess this took the itch away. Not to mention that it's my highest CL card now. I know $5k is nothing compared to the $25k lines people here have - but for me, it's a big deal. Now in another 4-5 months, maybe I'll get them to bump it up again.

Message 3 of 36
Smug
Established Contributor

Hang in there, I just got NFCU Visa, was at7.5k, 3 weeks later asked for a CLI bam.....10K
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smug wrote:
Hang in there, I just got NFCU Visa, was at7.5k, 3 weeks later asked for a CLI bam.....10K

3 weeks? Wow. I waited almost 5 months. Maybe I should try to hit them up once a month and see if they'll give me a CLI - as soon as I don't get any HPs out of it, that is.

Message 5 of 36
Datx
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

3 weeks? Wow. I waited almost 5 months. Maybe I should try to hit them up once a month and see if they'll give me a CLI - as soon as I don't get any HPs out of it, that is.

Whoa there buddy, calm down. Im not saying NFCU does this, but you can risk AA doing that. Just let it grow some more, maybe once you are at your 1 year annivesary and see. Congrats on the CLI btw.

Message 6 of 36
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Datx wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Whoa there buddy, calm down. Im not saying NFCU does this, but you can risk AA doing that. Just let it grow some more, maybe once you are at your 1 year annivesary and see. Congrats on the CLI btw.

+1000  Remember AndyK, there are people on here that would give an appendage to get in with NFCU with even just a 500 CL. You got a great CLI, don't push your luck trying to see if you can get a CLD (without wanting one).

Congrats on the 5K, up from 1500 that's really worth smiling about Smiley Happy

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 36
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Since August. I'm not sure why I decided to pull the trigger now and try my luck, especially since it's a day before my 5th statement cuts, but I'm glad I did!

I'm trying not to app for new credit cards until I apply for an auto loan, so I guess this took the itch away. Not to mention that it's my highest CL card now. I know $5k is nothing compared to the $25k lines people here have - but for me, it's a big deal. Now in another 4-5 months, maybe I'll get them to bump it up again.

They told me to wait for six months before asking for a CLI. Maybe since you're right on the cusp and have a good history with them.

Was there any HP? I thought they told me that CLI requests were a HP. Even a recon when I was first approved, they said would be a HP, so I didn't do it.

Let us know if you find they did a HP. It definitely a deterant to asking if they do a HP.

Enjoy your new CL! It will be a lot easier to use the card without having to worry so much about your limit. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 36
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last time I asked for a CLI (a few months ago), it was an HP and I was denied. But it was manually reviewed that time, I'm guessing - since it wasn't an immediate denial or approval.

My reports are frozen now, and it gave me an instant decision - and so far, no HP has popped up. I'll let you know if one does show up in the next few days, though.

Really, I'm happy getting the CLI, it's not like I need huge lines of credit right now. Plus since I'd like to get an auto loan from NFCU, I don't want to have too much open credit with them already. It just feels like since they gave an instant approval for the CLI, I might have been able to weasel my way into getting a bigger increase. But I don't really 'need' one.

I think, really, my motivation is that I keep hearing people here posting how they got $15k lines from NFCU right off the bat when they opened their account - feels like I should be able to get 'more' out of them.

Message 9 of 36
DanielF
Contributor

Don't feel bad I got approved with a 2500 cl in December. Not huge but i'm definately happy getting in with them. Their customer service has been awesome. I plan on asking for a cli in May. I just switched my checking and savings to them. Looking forward to a long term relationship with them.

Starting Score: 656(EQ myFICO) 668 (TU myFICO)
Current Score: 638 EQ 680 TU08 677 EX
Goal Score: 750
Message 10 of 36
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.