Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
New Contributor

Love my Discover IT!!!

Just went to the Discover site to check my usage. Noticed that I had accumulated $161 in rewards dollars. I clicked the button to redeem the bonus, thinking that I would have to put the bonus money toward my bill... but no, Discover allows you to elect to have the bonus money put directly into your checking account.

Since I just came back from a Disney vacation with the grand kids, I am a bit cash poor, so with a huge smile on my face, I have the rewards money moved to my checking account! Next time, I'll probably try out some of the gift cards because it looked like I'll be able to get more for my money with those. I'm so excited. Will be using ShopDiscover even more so I can continue to rack up rewards dollars.

Starting Score: 689
Current Score: 689
Goal Score: 770

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Amex BCE, Discover, FNBO AMEX, Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa, Blue for Business
(In the garden until November 2013)
Next card Visa Signature - World Elite MC(Business)
Valued Contributor

Re: Love my Discover IT!!!

Very nice!!! Smiley Happy

*8/10/13
Senior Contributor

Nice welcome home gift - congrats!

Moderator Emerita

Valued Contributor

NCGirl wrote:

Just went to the Discover site to check my usage. Noticed that I had accumulated $161 in rewards dollars. I clicked the button to redeem the bonus, thinking that I would have to put the bonus money toward my bill... but no, Discover allows you to elect to have the bonus money put directly into your checking account.

Since I just came back from a Disney vacation with the grand kids, I am a bit cash poor, so with a huge smile on my face, I have the rewards money moved to my checking account! Next time, I'll probably try out some of the gift cards because it looked like I'll be able to get more for my money with those. I'm so excited. Will be using ShopDiscover even more so I can continue to rack up rewards dollars.

thats one thing i do love about Discover! moving your money to your checking account.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Valued Contributor

I love it!! Awesome.
Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

NCGirl wrote:

I have gained a new respect and affection for my Discover IT, since I became aware of their awsome rewards and very user-friendly terms and conditions.

Starting in July, they will be offering 5% cash-back on gas purchases, so that nice, shiny card is going to earn some battle scars.

I think that in the neighborhood of PrimeVille, the Discover card is fast establishing some serious street-cred.

Established Contributor

Awesome!
TU FICO: 772 (Discover) • Exp FICO: 772 (Citi)

Amex BCE $13K | Amex Costco TE $10.4K | Amex SPG $5K | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $15K | Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature $15K | Chase Ink Plus World Elite MC $5K | Citi TY Preferred World MC $10.1K | Citi Forward $10K | Citi Diamond Pref $7.6K | Discover IT $9.9K | JP Morgan Chase Select Visa Signature $9.2K | NFCU CashRew Visa Sig $25K | NFCU LOC $15K | NFL Visa Signature (Saints) $8.1K | USAA Amex $11.3K | USAA World MC $11.5K
Established Member

Discover IT rocks!  I hope this means more will accept Discover.  They also need to add more card designs, but they still have improved. 

Established Contributor

Still hanging on to my More being stubborn....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.