Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Love the Recon's

tag
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

Love the Recon's

A little history, 1 month ago app spree all denied, pulled credit disputed inaccuracies and fast forward to this week.  I was approved for a $10,000 NFCU Nrewards Visa, a $1000 NFCU Mastercard and just now through recon a $1000 Chase Freedon not much with Chase but at least I'm in the door and then Discover Mor $5000--- but all prime! I am done with Orchard Bank, Emblem and Total--YEAH!  And I owe it all to these boards and you awesome people, Thanks so very much--i have tryed for years and finally i am on the right track! Still alot of work to go but very greatful that's for sure.

Now one question for all you pro's--how long do I let these age before applying for a VA loan with my husband?  I am for sure gardening just need some recommendations as we are being relocated to Florida in May and would love to buy a home.

Thanks again!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Mellon
Established Contributor

Re: Love the Recon's

wow you got Chase & Discover with sub 600 EQ.....congrats

Message 2 of 7
logan_720
Established Contributor

A bit surprising IMO. 

Message 3 of 7
Cwaxler2008
Established Member

Thank you- I have EQ and Ex frozen and thye both pulled TU since, Thank god, cause that's my best score!

Message 4 of 7
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Cwaxler2008 wrote:

A little history, 1 month ago app spree all denied, pulled credit disputed inaccuracies and fast forward to this week.  I was approved for a $10,000 NFCU Nrewards Visa, a $1000 NFCU Mastercard and just now through recon a $1000 Chase Freedon not much with Chase but at least I'm in the door and then Discover Mor $5000--- but all prime! I am done with Orchard Bank, Emblem and Total--YEAH!  And I owe it all to these boards and you awesome people, Thanks so very much--i have tryed for years and finally i am on the right track! Still alot of work to go but very greatful that's for sure.

Now one question for all you pro's--how long do I let these age before applying for a VA loan with my husband?  I am for sure gardening just need some recommendations as we are being relocated to Florida in May and would love to buy a home.

Thanks again!

Congrats! Great work. I'm not sure what you mean by a VA loan. Are you talking about a mortgage? In general, you're not supposed to app for anything at least 6 mos before buying a home. I'd take a look at your scores in 6 mos and see where you are then. Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Cwaxler2008 wrote:

Thanks again!

At least a year. Repair your scores from the apps.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 7
singulardedication
Valued Member

I know you would love to close the old cards with AF, but I wonder if short term like 6-12m it may be better to keep them open?

Starting Score: TU 732 | EQ 655 | EX Plus 725 [Jan 2012]
Current Score: TU 697 | EQ 694 | EX 659 (psecu) [aPRIL 2012]
Goal Score: 760 In Aggressive paydown mode, thinking Amex BCE for 2013

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.