Did you mean: 

Loving Macys!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Loving Macys!

miahmarie wrote:

Exactly!

I do plan to pay it off quickly. But why pay cash when my account is earning 5% interest and I can finance for 0%. I am loving that! Plus I get the bed of my dreams!

It truly is a win, win!

Yes, it is.  Especially considering that if you had gotten the same deal from a mattress store, you'd have one of those terrible CFLs instead of a nice shiny Macy's card.

Why pay it off quickly?  If I were earning 5% on my cash and had 24 months @ 0%, I'd probably pay it off verrrrrry slowly.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-13-2008 09:31 AM
Message 11 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I guess I could....hmmmm. I will have to run some numbers. That would put my Util across the board at 4.8%.......if I keep the others in check.

But this card would be at 62.2% util!

I wonder how Fico would respond? Oh well, not looking for any credit in the near future.

Oh boy! Me thinks this could be interesting!
Message 12 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh yeah...no CFL for me! I would rather sleep on the floor!
Message 13 of 60
Client9
Regular Contributor

I have always wondered why Macy's mattresses are way more expensive than those strip mall mattress places? 
Message 14 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well this particular mattress is exclusive to Macy's. So shopping it around wouldn't matter. It is the softest mattress I have ever had the pleasure of laying on.

Plus it has the 20 year warranty. I had a cheap Mattress before, and on a Cal King we spent $1600 for a double pillow top ten years ago and it was a joke! I feel every movement of my DH which is a lot! (He is an endless tosser!)

I honestly don't mind paying more for a quality piece that will last. I can get another Serta here in town, but not this one, and it is only a difference of $50.

Yes they are expensive, but we will use it for a third of the day--so it is money well spent! JMHO YMMV
Message 15 of 60
score_building
Senior Contributor

yup, the experts and laymen alike recommend not cutting corners on a mattress purchase for the reasons you sited.  since i discovered memory foam toppers i've been putting off replacing my futon mattress with the real mccoy until i get my util in better check, but when i do i hope i can come together with the great deal you've managed for yourself!  i've been eyeing those financing offers from macy's.  i think the email i got today was a reminder that the offer is ending shortly.  maybe next year.  Super congrats miahmarie, you is one savvy shopper indeed Smiley Very Happy  macy's rools!
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 16 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

wowwwwwwwwwwww congrats nice item!!!!!!!!
Message 17 of 60
Scamp
Valued Contributor

miahmarie wrote:
Well this particular mattress is exclusive to Macy's. So shopping it around wouldn't matter. It is the softest mattress I have ever had the pleasure of laying on.

Plus it has the 20 year warranty. I had a cheap Mattress before, and on a Cal King we spent $1600 for a double pillow top ten years ago and it was a joke! I feel every movement of my DH which is a lot! (He is an endless tosser!)

I honestly don't mind paying more for a quality piece that will last. I can get another Serta here in town, but not this one, and it is only a difference of $50.

Yes they are expensive, but we will use it for a third of the day--so it is money well spent! JMHO YMMV

Miah, I'm going to have to replace my (also a joke, by now!) double pillow-top king mattress sometime fairly soon, and I'll probably end up going the Macy's route myself.

May I ask which one it is you're planning to get?

02/12/09 EX: 701 / 02/08/10 EQ: 719 / 02/08/10 TU: 723

Backdoor Numbers, Credit Scoring 101, Understanding Your FICO Score PDF
Message 18 of 60
Susyflower
New Contributor

miahmarie wrote:
Ok so I had a $1500 CL on my Macy's card. I called them up because they are having a mattress sale and 24 months of no interest! I wanted the most expensive mattress of course and my credit limit would not even come close.

Talked to the Furniture department and they increased to $4500!

So I got the mattress and 24 months no interest! WOO HOO!

I am loving my Macy's card. Oh does that qualify me for the next card level? I am so curious!

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!

If I wasn't able to get a comfortable king size mattress for free I would've been all over this mattress sale.  Congrats on the CLI and your awesome purchase!
Message 19 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

@scapegrace13 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Miah, I'm going to have to replace my (also a joke, by now!) double pillow-top king mattress sometime fairly soon, and I'll probably end up going the Macy's route myself.
May I ask which one it is you're planning to get?

Sure, I bought the Serta Perfect Day "Perfect Affection" Ultra Plush Super Pillowtop Mattress Set with Memory Foam Layers. It was a steal in my opinion. The bed just envelopes you and it is SOOOOO soft!

They had other great mattresses but this one was a slice of heaven!
Message 20 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.