Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loving Macys!

tag
n2win
Regular Contributor

Re: Loving Macys!

Macy's occassionally has some terrific online bargains (50% or more off!), maybe when I actually get my new CC in my hands, I will app for just one more Smiley Wink

So there, Kohl's, LOL Smiley Very Happy
Goal: acquire and use Credit Cards, scores in the 700's in 2009
05/04/08 FICOS: EQ = 626; TU = 636: EX = 623
06/21/09 FICOS: EQ = 692; TU = 729; EX = 731 (CCT FAKO)
10/03/11 FICO EQ = 722 (CCT EQ = 749)
Message 41 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...bed was delivered yesterday. The service was FANTASTIC, they got all the dust bunnies out from under the bed, hauled away the broke back mattress and were right on time! Macy's called within 30 minutes of delivery to see how my service was! It was a real treat!

I woke up a happy girl this morning! It was a great night with no tossing! I love my new mattress.
Message 42 of 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats. I'm jealous. We delayed our matress arrival to next Tuesday. Right now we are without a home because of some work being done on the house. The contractors advised us today that they won't finish before then. We may have to call Macys and delay it by a week. Smiley Sad

Message 43 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sorry to hear that! But just think you will have the new bed after all the work is done and it will be such a treat.

We got in at the right time. They reduced the no interest to one year sometime this week. So I am glad I got in when I did!
Message 44 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can anyone tell me what the score requirements are?  Any info would be appreciated.  Thank you.
Message 45 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can have pretty low scores and that their requirements are lenient.
Message 46 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

thank you for the quick reply!
Message 47 of 60
lizabeth
Contributor

i'd like to share MY macys experience with 'big purchases'...
i have a MEASLY $200 limit revolving macys store card. ive had the card for 2 years. put more than 1,000 on it with no lates. and they STILL wont raise my limit whenever i ask.

today i decided i wanted to look into furniture. i go up. have the lady call credit services to see if i could be approved for 2,000 on a 'big spending account' (whatever they call them)... WHAM.. NO. they said no! perhaps i wasnt qualified because i refused to let them pull my credit. but they said that typically IF they have to pull a hard for that sort of account, you're not going to get it anyways.

(question to the poster: did they have to pull a hard for your mattress?)

so i sulked and went over to HOUSEWARES and lusted after a kitchenaid mixer ($300) and finally decided to go for it. so i have the housewares guy call and see about getting a CLUB card (zero interest for a year)..   kitchenaids dont qualify, and she said she COULDNT raise my revolvling limit but that she could start me at $500 for a big purchases account!! the same account that i was just DENIED 10 minutes prior.

heck yes! so for those of you wanting a macys CLI with GOOD HISTORY and they wont budge, ask about the big spenders account! SOFT PULL.

Message 48 of 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

lizabeth wrote:
i'd like to share MY macys experience with 'big purchases'...
i have a MEASLY $200 limit revolving macys store card. ive had the card for 2 years. put more than 1,000 on it with no lates. and they STILL wont raise my limit whenever i ask.

today i decided i wanted to look into furniture. i go up. have the lady call credit services to see if i could be approved for 2,000 on a 'big spending account' (whatever they call them)... WHAM.. NO. they said no! perhaps i wasnt qualified because i refused to let them pull my credit. but they said that typically IF they have to pull a hard for that sort of account, you're not going to get it anyways.

(question to the poster: did they have to pull a hard for your mattress?)

so i sulked and went over to HOUSEWARES and lusted after a kitchenaid mixer ($300) and finally decided to go for it. so i have the housewares guy call and see about getting a CLUB card (zero interest for a year)..   kitchenaids dont qualify, and she said she COULDNT raise my revolvling limit but that she could start me at $500 for a big purchases account!! the same account that i was just DENIED 10 minutes prior.

heck yes! so for those of you wanting a macys CLI with GOOD HISTORY and they wont budge, ask about the big spenders account! SOFT PULL.

Congrats.

For the matresses, there was no hard inquiry, for myself anyway. And I did pull a copy directly from EQ and EX since then and there were no soft inquiries arising from the mattress purchase. I haven't checked TU yet.

I've noticed that Macys weighs their CLIs based on your spending and payment history. As mentioned, my Macys just went from $800 to $1500. DW also opened hers at the same time and got the $800 CL the same time I did. Well, I told her to ask for a CLI and they would only approve to $1000.

My spending habits are that I never exceeded the CL by more than 50%. And two of every three months, my reported balance was $0. We always paid on time, sometimes even at the due date. DW on the other hand, spent 75%-80% of her CLs. And of every 5 months or so, she only had a $0 balance for one of those months. Stark contrast in spending and paying habits.
Message 49 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

No hard and not sure about a soft as I haven't pulled directly from the bureau's. i get my free ones next month.

I think i gave my history with purchases. I have been a card holder two years next month. I usually buy small things and PIF or pay part cash part card and PIF. I know I have never spent more than $500 a year there. Until now.
Message 50 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.