Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loving Macys!

tag
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Loving Macys!

miahmarie wrote:
Update...bed was delivered yesterday. The service was FANTASTIC, they got all the dust bunnies out from under the bed, hauled away the broke back mattress and were right on time! Macy's called within 30 minutes of delivery to see how my service was! It was a real treat!

I woke up a happy girl this morning! It was a great night with no tossing! I love my new mattress.

We just got our mattress today. They came in and assembled it. They also offered to put the bed skirt on even.

Unfortunately, the house remodelling was supposed to end last weekend but they'll continue to work for at least a week longer. Now there's going to be dust all over our new bed we can't even sleep on. Arggggh! Oh well. At least we told them to keep the plastic on it.

Also, it was high up. We wish we got a thinner mattress. Then too, maybe it wouldn't feel as good.
Message 51 of 60
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hey, I'd rather eat bugs than wrestle with a bed skirt, especially on a king.

And I love my new tall bed. Makes me feel like a little girl again, climbing up and down from the giddy heights! Especially useful in the early morning, when gravity lets me just pour myself out onto the floor.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 52 of 60
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

When you apply for a macy's card do the tell you instantly
if you were approved or not or do they just say thanks for applying
I am thinking about trying it around Christmas when my scores are up a little more but I want to know what to expect

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 53 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Llecs they give you 30 days to exchange/return or make modifications. I got the low profile box-spring and even with the low profile the bed sits up tall. With the standard box-spring it would have added 4 more inches. Not too sure I would like that!

Their delivery is amazing...super professional!

I am so excited for you! Ours is super comfy....and I wake up a little happier everyday!
Message 54 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

UPDATE-

I still love my new mattress, but I am a little aggravated at Macy's.

Okay I am going to try and explain without confusion, albeit this is quite a confusing situation.

I got three individual emails about paying my Macy's bill. I log in and there are three options of accounts to pay. Only one has a balance. It is marked SEAT-Special Event.

I call Macy's and explain that I had just had an increase on my Macy's card and that according to their web site the mattress had been charged on my card. Macy's informs me that the mattress was charged on my card however to take advantage of the 24 months no interest a separate account was created. I went on to say I had not authorized a separate account yada yada. The service person apologized for the confusion. The mattress purchase was suppose to be put into a it's own account for the interest purpose. I said what the hey, deal with it. It's 24 months no interest.

So I pull my reports, and there are two new accounts from Macy's. One which is the mattress and it has the balance of the mattress and then a credit limit balance of $3300. Then I see another new Macy's account with no balance reporting and no credit limit. I figure they made a mistake. So I call them back.

They created a major purchase account along with the Special Event account. Once the special event account is paid for, the cl available is then transferred to the major purchase account. Oh boy. This fiasco cost me 4 points. Needless to say, I now have two new accounts, and that obviously was not part of my plan. So I am out of the concord user center.

In all this experience has taught me to pay closer attention to what I think is going on. I still enjoy the mattress, but I am not sure if I would have jumped on it the way I did if I knew I would have two new accounts. No inquiries, but two new accounts. UGGHHH!

I did push for them to upgrade to the Elite card since I had to go through all of this and they will be sending that to me. (yeah I get to enjoy that for a year) It includes 18 FREE services (alterations or gift wrapping). Just wanted to share my lesson learned. I apologize to others who may be in the same hell I am right now. Good news is I do get to keep the increase on the Macy's card along with some "extra-credit" for the time being.

Sorry it is so long!
Message 55 of 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

miahmarie wrote:
UPDATE-

I still love my new mattress, but I am a little aggravated at Macy's.

Okay I am going to try and explain without confusion, albeit this is quite a confusing situation.

I got three individual emails about paying my Macy's bill. I log in and there are three options of accounts to pay. Only one has a balance. It is marked SEAT-Special Event.

I call Macy's and explain that I had just had an increase on my Macy's card and that according to their web site the mattress had been charged on my card. Macy's informs me that the mattress was charged on my card however to take advantage of the 24 months no interest a separate account was created. I went on to say I had not authorized a separate account yada yada. The service person apologized for the confusion. The mattress purchase was suppose to be put into a it's own account for the interest purpose. I said what the hey, deal with it. It's 24 months no interest.

So I pull my reports, and there are two new accounts from Macy's. One which is the mattress and it has the balance of the mattress and then a credit limit balance of $3300. Then I see another new Macy's account with no balance reporting and no credit limit. I figure they made a mistake. So I call them back.

They created a major purchase account along with the Special Event account. Once the special event account is paid for, the cl available is then transferred to the major purchase account. Oh boy. This fiasco cost me 4 points. Needless to say, I now have two new accounts, and that obviously was not part of my plan. So I am out of the concord user center.

In all this experience has taught me to pay closer attention to what I think is going on. I still enjoy the mattress, but I am not sure if I would have jumped on it the way I did if I knew I would have two new accounts. No inquiries, but two new accounts. UGGHHH!

I did push for them to upgrade to the Elite card since I had to go through all of this and they will be sending that to me. (yeah I get to enjoy that for a year) It includes 18 FREE services (alterations or gift wrapping). Just wanted to share my lesson learned. I apologize to others who may be in the same hell I am right now. Good news is I do get to keep the increase on the Macy's card along with some "extra-credit" for the time being.

Sorry it is so long!

Sorry about that....

How is it you are getting three different sub-accounts within your Macy's account? I understand 2 (Flex & SEAT for the bed). But why 3 Macys accounts?

I was surprised too when I pulled my CR and saw that my revolving balances jumped. It hurt utilization, but once paid it should help. However, I posted when I saw this change and someone responded that the CL will change to $500 once paid off.

Message 56 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

Llecs here is the third account

DSNB/MACYS # xxxxxxxxx30

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON, OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229
Balance: $ 0
Date Updated: 08/2008
High Balance: $ 0
Pay Status: Paid or paying as agreed
Account Type: Revolving Account
Responsibility: Individual Account

Loan Type: Revolving Account - Charge Account

According to the CSR I have a type 20 account which is the flex account, then I have a type 32 account which is the seat account and the type 30 account above which is a major purchase account. When I asked them to remove from my CR they said it was to transfer my SEAT CLI to after promo. They said it was a major purchase account.

SOOOOOOO I felt royally screwed!
Message 57 of 60
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

miahmarie wrote:
Llecs here is the third account

DSNB/MACYS # xxxxxxxxx30

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON, OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229
Balance: $ 0
Date Updated: 08/2008
High Balance: $ 0
Pay Status: Paid or paying as agreed
Account Type: Revolving Account
Responsibility: Individual Account

Loan Type: Revolving Account - Charge Account

According to the CSR I have a type 20 account which is the flex account, then I have a type 32 account which is the seat account and the type 30 account above which is a major purchase account. When I asked them to remove from my CR they said it was to transfer my SEAT CLI to after promo. They said it was a major purchase account.

SOOOOOOO I felt royally screwed!

So, I take it they won't delete the third?

I pulled via TC this morning and noticed the 3rd popped onto my CRs. Unfortunately, TC is saying that there is no CL for the SEAT acct under TU only. So, my utilization is all haywire. I'll give them a call today or tomorrow and will report what I find.
Message 58 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Trans is reporting a CL that is $1 over the high balance, so essentially maxed out.

I got no help about deleting the type 30 account, but we will see. I haven't given up yet. Never thought buying a mattress would be such a fiasco. I have half a mind to pay it off, and just be done. I would hate to be CLD'd by Amex for having two new accounts-one maxed out.

Please let me know what they do for you!
Message 59 of 60
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to post the TU report of the SEAT tradeline.

DSNB/MACYS #xxxxxxxxxxx232

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON , OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229

Balance:
$2,791
Date Updated:
08/2008
High Balance:
$2,790
Past Due:
$0
Terms:
Minimum $91
Pay Status:
Paid or Paying as Agreed
Account Type:
Open Account
Responsibility:
Individual Account
Date Opened:
08/2008
Loan Type: Charge Account

here is my regular account

DSNB/MACYS #xxxxxxxxx220

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON , OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229

Balance:
$0
Date Updated:
08/2008
High Balance:
$159
Credit Limit:
$4,500
Past Due:
$0
Pay Status:
Paid or Paying as Agreed
Account Type:
Revolving Account
Responsibility:
Individual Account
Date Opened:
08/2006
Date Paid:
04/2008

and the loser tl

DSNB/MACYS #xxxxxxxxxx230

9111 DUKE BLVD
MASON , OH 45040-8999
(800) 659-6229

Balance:
$0
Date Updated:
08/2008
High Balance:
$0
Past Due:
$0
Pay Status:
Paid or Paying as Agreed
Account Type:
Revolving Account
Responsibility:
Individual Account
Loan Type: Charge Account

YIKES!!!!
Message 60 of 60
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.