Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low AAoA wait is in progress

tag
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Low AAoA wait is in progress

Greets forum. CreditMagic7 here.

As of the first of the year and following a somewhat calculated beginners app spree i managed to procure for lack of a better term, DiscoverIT, Citi, GM Capital One + 2 gecrb cc's with 3 Comenity retail catalog cards ending 2013 with a nice Duck card. Even after that i had sights for a Chase and thought about trying to land Amex for good measure but didn't want to press my chances too much since all the aforementioned were approvals with not a single denial. A foot in the door if you will.

After this seasonal spree and per Experian the current AAoA they show is only 7 months which made me skiddish and put on the app brakes at the point where i nearly pulled the trigger on a BofA and Comenity Frn MasterCard. Lowes was also on my list but given the excellent reads i been pouring thru here at MyFico i need advice if i should just allow time for the newbie cards to put on some 6 month age first or if my Feb chances might reel in at least 2 additional cards i intend to add at some point.

There's no lates, BK, or derogs period. I am Just what i consider a new entry into the revolving credit world. Credit history extends back to only roughly 2010 with auto loans and unsecured personals that i'm on my 4th open one current.

I safely tested the Experian AAoA report by requesting cl increases after getting Walmart card in the mail and a couple of Comenity with SP only stating " too new accounts" etc. which IS accurate at this point in time. I think i don't dare risk a wasted HP that could result in an easy denial for any of them, even with recon?

Problem for me is that discover card 6 month comes in early February (10), and as much as i would like to let them HP for a cli, i'm not at all certain if i should yet or not. Discover started me at 1400 and the high balance i let it report was 499 then zeroed it after that. I've also zeroed Citi Diamond for 2 months now. And GM Capital One gets zeroed as soon as my BT is received from Occu. That leaves my US Bank Platinum holding a balance by design from me because it's my first cc offered when i decided to not rebuild but Build a solid credit portfolio. It's just passed 1 year in Dec. US Bank did deny with HP at the 1 year mark citing what i received in the letter, too new accounts, etc. even with 2 recons.

My question now then becomes is the still very young AAoA more of new lender's hesitation as opposed to too many new accounts-score, or a combo of both and more.

US Bank recon said they need to see at least 6 months from the recent new accounts first before they will make a consideration and i completely understand that, but after that denial i still went on a mini spree of sorts one of which was the Duck approval.

Any thoughts? Suggestions? Opinions?

I value this forum and membership highly. It's helped immensely in starting a new fresh path to credit responsibility and understanding.

Ex (715) Tu Classic 04 (679) EQ (649)

I think my scores have dinged with new IQ,s, new TL,s but not sure if bottomed out yet.

Thanks
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Low AAoA wait is in progress

IMHO I would wait till last app is over 6 months old. I am a conservative app'er no more than 2 in 6 mo time period so I dont tank my AAoA. Some will prob say go for it, in the end it is you who will have to make the decision, the denial of your CLI should lead you to consider the reasons why.

Message 2 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

With the scores you have you can get further approvals, but I wouldn't.

In my experience, it's better to aim for the long term, and have fewer cards with higher CLs.

Message 3 of 4
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Thanks for sharing both your well received advice.

Since things on this end are, oh so rather new yet, i completely agree and thought as much. I just needed some experienced confirmation from seasoned members to help convince myself to stay in check.

As anyone can plainly see, there wasn't much of an AAoA to start with, then that recent December run on apping pretty much took a bite out of any time gains accumulated to that point.

Many Thanks.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.