Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Low Score Credit Card

Im trying to rebuild my credit and I have a secured credit card right now. I would like to get another unsecured card if possible. I was approved for one today but with a 300 dollar limit, 36% interest and 95 dollar processing fee. Are there any credit cards that I could be approved with a score under 600?

Re: Low Score Credit Card

It depends - need a little more information regarding your credit profile. Baddies? Inq's?
Are you a member of a CU? Who is your secured card with?

Did you say 36% APR?
Established Contributor

First Premier, Credit One, and Applied Bank come to mind. Orchard Bank was one of the better ones, but you can't apply for it any more. When looking for a card try to get one with as few fees as possible. I suppose I lucked out with my Credit One card only having a $75 annual fee.

Starting Score: 515
Current Score: EQ08 712 EX08 729 TU08 743
Goal Score: 740+

Amex BCP $25000 | Discover IT $15250 | PSECU $10000 | Barclay Ring $6500 | Citi DC $6100 | PayPal Extras MC $5045 | DCU $5000 | Barclays Aviator $4100 | Chase Freedom $4000 | Cap 1 Platinum $1700 | Union Plus $1000 | Target $200

Yes 36%. I have one collection, 2 different accounts with a 30 day late payment. Alot of inquires. Ive had the card for 16 months now, it is through arvest bank. 500 secured card.

Established Contributor

For rebuilding purposes, I would say give CreditOne Bank a shot. Keep it for a year and close it thereafter. Don't apply for more credit during that year, and you should be able to get a new decent card.

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |
Walmart $8k | Gordman's $2950
Valued Contributor

Please stay away from Creditone and such ....I don't try to go against others but speak from experience with the bank I would stay away from it( just cancel it 1 week ago )....
Maybe try a few below :
1. credit union
2. local bank secured credit card with at least 1k limit
3. Store card

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800

Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

I just applied and was approved for Capitol one. I tried for a Walmart card but it said it would send a letter in 7-10 days and I read that this generally means not approved. What's wrong with Capitol one
Established Contributor

monstere316 wrote:
I just applied and was approved for Capitol one. I tried for a Walmart card but it said it would send a letter in 7-10 days and I read that this generally means not approved. What's wrong with Capitol one

I would call the backdoor number for walmart, the 7-10 day is not always a bad thing. It could be some conflicting info on your report (address, etc), so if I were you, I would get on that!

NFCU CashRewards $13.5k | AMEX BCE $15k | Lowes $17k | Sportsmanss guide $7.6k | Chase Freedom $1k | Discover IT $4.4k |

Ok where can I find that number?
Established Contributor

monstere316 wrote:
Ok where can I find that number?

You can find the thread here

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.