Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's CC - FYI - BK FRIENDLY

tag
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

Re: Lowe's CC - FYI - BK FRIENDLY

did you include chevron in your bk? reason i ask is bc i thought about getting a gas card but iib'd chevorn and shell.. and dont know how easy or hard bp and exxon are i know one of them is citi and i'm sure it's harder to get
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 11 of 15
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

If you apply again, call that 877 number I listed previously before you apply.  A couple of weeks ago, I had gotten the cannot verify... from Walmart and was basically told there is nothing I could do about it because the info came from the CBs.  I pointed out that the e-mail I got clearly stated that the information came from another source!

When I applied for the Chevron, I got the 7-10 day notice and decided to call just incase it was a verification problem.  By then I had already been approved for the other cards minus the Walmart.  I did not want to blow my chances based on a system error by GEMB.  I ended up speaking with a woman in the application department and explained my fear re: the Chevron app. and mentioned what had happened with Walmart.  When I applied for Walmart, the first TWO identity verification questions were about mortgages, which I never had so I clicked N/A.  The woman took my Chevron app. over the phone and asked me a different set of verification questions.  

Here was the freaky thing.  The first question was about an address of a former friend.  That was when I said, "See, this is the problem. These questions do not apply to me, but at least I do recognize this address, which is very similar to one I had 11 years ago, but this is the address of a woman who I let stay with me until she got on her feet.  I am pretty certain she moved to this address when she left my apt. because I recognize the street, and the building number is VERY close to the one I had."  Mine was 1400 and the one in the security question was 1425.

I claimed the address only because it was too familiar not to.  I was hoping they would say it was correct.  She asked me 3 other questions, which pertained to me.  I got approved for the Chevron, but she could not tell me if I got the first answer correct, only that the system requires 3/4 correct answers.

She told me to wait a day or two to reapply for the Walmart and that if I got the security questions to call back and she would ask them over the phone.  I applied, and got the 7-10 day message without the security questions.  When I called her, she took the application over the phone and told me I was approved for $500.00.  Without my asking her, she said to call back after 3 months to request a CLI.

Give the number a try and just talk to them to see if you should bother to reapply, especially since you do not know why you were declined the second time.

Message Edited by Changingmantra on 05-04-2008 06:51 PM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 12 of 15
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Maybe that is why they have declined your application.  I did not have any GEMB cards that I know of; I know I did not have any gas cards.  I included Citi, Discover, and Best Buy in my bankruptcy.  They will not even let me smell their cards! 

Message Edited by Changingmantra on 05-04-2008 07:00 PM
*Note to self* Remember why and for how long you had to rebuild in the first place! One Day at a Time, One Day at a Time!
Message 13 of 15
AnaMKMK
New Contributor

Thanks for the number!!!

she didn't get much, just $400, but I'm getting her to ap at other GEMB now Smiley Happy
Message 14 of 15
Changingmantra
Established Contributor

Congrats again!
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.