Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Credit Major Purchase Promo Extended

tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Lowe's Credit Major Purchase Promo Extended

Lowe's has been running a promotion where you can make a major purchase using your Lowe's credit account, and if the amount is at least $2000 you can get 5.99% APR for 84 months.  The usual offering is the same APR/months but only for purchases over $3500.

The promotion was originally advertised to expire on 12/31 - and as of 12/9 the website still states this - but I got an email today that the date has been extended to the last Friday in January (1/29).

lowespromo.png

When I click on the email, it takes me to the main Lowes.com website, where the promo is still showing an expiration of 12/31.  Since the email doesn't include any special links specific to me, I'm fairly certain this indicates the promotion has been extended in general, and that the website simply hasn't been updated yet.

If you have a major purchase planned (that's greater than $2000 but under $3500), consider that it's likely you don't have to act before the end of the year to get the promotion, but have an extra month.  It could be that the website will be updated to reflect the new expiration in the next day or so, but you might want to call your local store to make sure the date has been extended locally.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowe's Credit Major Purchase Promo Extended

I received this... little sad because in stores in CA they were offering 3.9% for the last couple months but I'm about a month from making large purchase... Guess 5.9% it is!

Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is great! I hope I find something like this in about six months when I am doing more home renovation.

Message 3 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

The 84 month 5.9% is always going on... It's just the amount to spend or the apr sometimes goes down.
Message 4 of 7
Countingpennies
Established Contributor

If it's not 0% for whatever months, I wouldn't do it. At 5.9%, that's like buying a car, if your purchase is large enough.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is true from a money standpoint, but as a homeowner I get more proud the longer Im in my home, and theres no satisfaction when your car is 2 years old and the new models cost the same sticker with double the standard features.
Message 6 of 7
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Countingpennies wrote:

If it's not 0% for whatever months, I wouldn't do it. At 5.9%, that's like buying a car, if your purchase is large enough.

I agree that it's not for everybody, but if you have a need and the only alternative is a Visa or MC at 17.9%, having 5.99% for 84 months can look pretty good, not to mention you get to keep your other credit lines freed up.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.