tag
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Lowe's Ex HP through Credit Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Get it removed.

They are not supposed to pull without warning.

Permissible purpose.  No "warning" is required (section 604 of the FCRA).   What the OP can likely look into is for them to turn the HP into SP as an option.

Perhaps permissible but undeniably evil on their part.

I understand where you're coming from though.  Typically, what folks should always preface their requests via phone/chat (or whichever) to confirm that the request will be reviewed/processed via SP (confirm a couple times if needed).  Then, if it turns out otherwise, then proof is in the pudding!  One then could challenge the outcome (recorded conversation/saved chat) so it can be converted to SP at least (or removed as you suggested).

Message 11 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

All HP for CLI suck but when unexpected it is even worse.
Message 12 of 16
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

theses why Im scared to pull my reports, LOL..I might 100+inquires on all 3 hahaha

Sorry op..stinks!
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@pizza1 wrote:
theses why Im scared to pull my reports, LOL..I might 100+inquires on all 3 hahaha

Sorry op..stinks!

You need to pull your reports.

NOW! Smiley Tongue

Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@MstrPTato wrote:

Hit up chat the other day for a CLI on Lowe's, requested amount, came back with counter. Get an alert from myFICO that an Experian report was pulled for Lowe's. There was no mention of HP on chat. AND...AND...its from Experian.  I wanted to be in the garden. Smiley Sad

@Tato,

That is terrible... Maybe an error.  Can you at least inquire to see if they will remove it?  

I am not going to bother. I asked for the CLI. I have 16 on that report...what is another anyway. Oh well.

Awww.. Ok.. Hang in there..

Interesting indeed.  While it is not the normal or known pattern, I suppose they *can* HP too.   How much of a CLI? 

Asked for the moon and got $1500.

Message 15 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowes irks me. A family member has a lowes card wit 6800 limit, 20% util, never missed a payment in 5 years. All they asked for was a CLI to 9k. Denied, Recon'd twice. No dice. I know its synchrony bank and their BS going on. Welcome to synchrony bank, where if you apply for a Sams Mastercard, we will DOWNGRADE you to a worthless private label credit card, and not offer and RECON whatsoever! lol.

That being said, I am thankful for synchrony bank and carecredit!

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.