Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Recon?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's Recon?

Although I wasn't quite ready, I recently applied for a Lowe's card.  I shop there regularly and needed to purchase a new dishwasher, so I pulled the trigger.  I was not immediately approved and later received a denial due to bankruptcy.  The BK13 is due to age off my CR's in June.  My only debts are a mortgage ($145k) and a student loan ($7500).  I have a single Orchard Bank CC with 6 mos. of good history and 6% util.  I am waiting to pull my current FICO scores because I recently paid off the balance on another CC (closed), but 5 mos. ago my scores were 617 (TU) and 683 (EQ) (can't really explain the difference).  Should I bother calling the backdoor number for a recon?

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Lowe's Recon?

Never hurts to try but not sure GE reps have the ability to change a decision.

Message 2 of 18
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

After I got the clearance to apply for new credit from my loan servicer for my mortgage - we close tomorrow - I went ahead and applied online for a Lowe's card to purchase a new refrigerator.  The online approval came back at $500 so I called in and told them I was trying to purchase a refrigerator.  They asked how much I would need, I said at least $2500 and it was auto-approved.

Last App: BECU 02-26-2020
Pronouns: He/Him/His
Message 3 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

and what number did you call?

Message 4 of 18
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

800-444-1408

Message 5 of 18
Creditspa
Valued Member

@seattletravels wrote:

After I got the clearance to apply for new credit from my loan servicer for my mortgage - we close tomorrow - I went ahead and applied online for a Lowe's card to purchase a new refrigerator.  The online approval came back at $500 so I called in and told them I was trying to purchase a refrigerator.  They asked how much I would need, I said at least $2500 and it was auto-approved.

What CB did they pull for the you and what State.

Message 6 of 18
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

When I called in, I asked through the automated system, it said it was transferring me to a representative and she approved it.  Just asked the standard how much I needed and what my income is.

Message 7 of 18
seattletravels
Valued Contributor

@Creditspa wrote:

@seattletravels wrote:

What CB did they pull for the you and what State.

I'm in Oklahoma.  Haven't received an email notification of an inquiry yet.

Message 8 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They pulled TU to approve and she wanted to SP TU today for increase... I am kicking myself that I did not bother calling in when approved to have it increased, I'm currently just past 3 months now but I have all my reports frozen and didn't really want to unlock before May.  I also ended up with normal rep with that number, same as what's on card I believe... it did not take me to underwriting I had to ask several times but once transferred she was going to do manual review vs. computer which I like much better so would do that if I decide to unlock... but I wanted to get best bang for buck and hit CLI for all my GE accounts in same day, so need 1-2 months to get them all over the 4 month mark.

Message 9 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFAIK GE does not do recons.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.