Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's card approved!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's card approved!!

I did the online app this morning for Lowe's, I was instantly approved for 2k.  I waited a little while then called the credit dept from the sticky thread above and got a CLI for another 2k, total CL of 4k.  I should have asked for more, there was no counter amount at all.  Is it safe to assume that the initial app was a HP and the CLI from here on out are all going to be SP?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Lowe's card approved!!

CONGRATS!!!

it should be a SP but may be a HP. Do you have access to your TU file?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 7
CS800
Super Contributor

Congrats !!

I did a recon on my app for this card and it was a SP. Check your TU as LS said.

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@LS2982 wrote:
CONGRATS!!!

it should be a SP but may be a HP. Do you have access to your TU file?

No, I have not checked my TU report to see.

Message 4 of 7
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats!! When I get out of the garden I am going to apply for a Lowe's card.....I just have too many new accounts/inquiries to do it now  Smiley Tongue

TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 5 of 7
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE CLI should always be soft - even when you go into underwriting (most SEEM to know that yes it is a SP and say it so you don't think, hmmm... they don't know!) for some reason CareCredit (im sure others) but CareCredit is SP but if you ask for to much or just don't currently qualify it will ask if you would like them to do a HP and see about offering a different amount or your original request.

Otherwise all the store cards I have, Walmart, Lowes, Marshalls, Gap, etc. etc. are all SP and asking or calling directly into underwriting is always SP too.

Message 6 of 7
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I must disagree... The JCP is a HP if you call the backdoor number... Only GE card that is like that.. I dont have Carecredit. However, if you just call the reg JCP CSR num, they SP.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.