Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's cc

tag
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Lowe's cc

Holy Moly!  Has anyone tried to apply online for a Lowe's card recently?

I was going to give it a shot & see if I would be approved.  Well, I decided to DENY them!

Their lowest apr.....22.9!  Smiley Mad

I just wrote a nasty letter on Planet Feedback letting them know exactly how I felt about that as a starting rate for EVERYONE!!!

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
UpNUp
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowe's cc

I have had a Lowes (GEMB) for about a year. My APR is 21.99. That is typical of store cards. The trick is not to buy anything you can't pay in full. They do, however, have great 12 months, no payments, no interest for major purchases (over $299.00). Just don't ever carry a balance.
Message Edited by UpNUp on 05-30-2009 03:48 PM
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

lol It's a store card most store cards have high APR's this is nothing new.
Message 3 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

it's a store card, store cards other than maybe Nordstrom are lower than 20%.

but Lowes just like Home Depot offers MANY promotional 6 months and 12 months at 0% for larger purchases, so if you plan on paying it off in that time it's not an issues.

I have Home Depot and have never paid them interest which is 21.9% because I always get the promo rates. 

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UpNUp wrote:
That is is very typical of store cards. The trick is not to buy anything you can't pay in full.

I agree i never carry a balance on any of my store cards. The APR would kill me slowly. If you were approved I would keep the card.

Message 5 of 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

I hadn't applied for a store card in about 5 years.  Back then the interest was high & I figured it was because my FICO was in the gutter!

Oh well...I'm guessing I can still do better with a Citi card.

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.